PS3 Programmable Ragnarok, does it work for BF3???

battlelog

Hi all, I'm new to these forums and first time seeing the Viking Digital web site, but from what I hear you guys make the best PS3 Modded Controllers. Well I am interested in purchsing the Programmable Ragnarok for the PS3 and wanted to know if this controller will work with Battlefield 3, and also what mods will work on that game. From what I can see it works fine on all COD games and others too, also does it work on 3rd person shooters like Socom Confrontaion or Socom 4, Ghost recon just wondering. Well I hope you gys can help me answer my question and I am looking forword to buying this controller ASAP, thanks every one and a Merry X.

MJ23KB24

ModdingBros Leader
Welcome to the forums! Good to see you are interested in the controller. Im not too familiar with the controller since I mainly play xbox however Im pretty sure the controller would work for Battlefield it would be, as far as I know, only rapid fire though. I dont know what other mods are even possible on that game. Also Im not too familiar with Socom or Ghost recon so I dont know. Again welcome to the forums and have a Merry Xmas too.

odingalt

Staff member
Good answer. The only thing I have to add is that I played Rainbow 6 Vegas 2 one time. If you turn your machine gun to single-shot in that game (not full-auto, not burst, but single-shot) and then turn on the rapidfire it eliminated recoil entirely. I don't know if this is still true for the newer Rainbow 6 games.

PS3andCOD

Contributor
It will work to a degree with SOCOM 4 for sure, I have the game and if you don't use the move and use the controller instead it would work, although i don't know the fire cap... Also works on MGS4, that's 3rd person. I also used it on Star Wars Battlefront 2 once, but only the pistols are semi so I only ever bothered the once...

battlelog

Well I just put my order in for the ps3 RAGNAROK USB, I will try it out on bf3 and let you guys know what happens. I'm not a big cod fan but I have been thinking of getting mw3, I see a lot of used copies on criaglist all ready, that could be a good or a bad thing? From what I hear it is just a copy of mw2 but this just has new maps. I got a guy who I am meeting up with tomorrow and he is selling it to me for 30 bucks so we will see, I can't wait to get my new controller!!

odingalt

Staff member
Personally I think COD gets worse every year. I loved MW... MW2 was good... Black Ops was ok... MW3... blegh... I just wish that they'd stop releasing a new version every year, personally I think it's much too frequent. Literally, the only reason I keep buying COD when a new version is released is to keep up with my customers. Otherwise I would never buy it.

Mind you, this coming from the guy who played RTCW:ET (Castle Wolfenstein Enemy Territory Multiplayer, greatest FPS ever) on PC for almost 6 years straight... Ironically I quit playing RTCW:ET due to the fact that I was the last player on the servers without a wallhack and aimbot. I bought a console hoping cheating was less rampant on console. Boy was I wrong lol. Thus, I started selling modded controllers. "If you can't beat 'em - join 'em!"

battlelog

Odingalt I'm with you on that!!! You should of seen when the hack files came out for Socom Confrontation, it was CRAZY, the stuff that they could do?

PS3andCOD

Contributor
lolol I have hacks for MW2, they were fun for a bit, but really just wrecked t for me too. After a while I usually just hacked to make sure no one else could hack.