PS4 Mod Chip help

Helliouse

Hello all,
I have tested two chips now, and can not get them to map. The second chip I tried the TAC switches that came with the chip.
I am getting Voltage from the Options button to start programing. I have tested the Square Circle, Triangle, X buttons as well as the RS and LS buttons, nothing will map.

Can I use a TAC switch for an "Options" button to test?

Here is a link to some photos.
https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B3ssAKed777BN1Buc2NGel9YVlk&usp=sharing

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Helliouse

WHITE 4ND N3RDY

ModdingBros Representative
From what I see the pad on the mod chip for tac #1 (mod button) is more than likely solder to the ground pad.

There's the actual volt source pad and the ground pad. If the options button isn't working (as the mod tact) then just solder the site one pad over on the mod chip on the tac #1 pad. That should hopefully fix the issue.

odingalt

Staff member
The options button solder connection is hard to get with 30AWG wire and it looks like you have some larger gauge stranded wire. One thing you could try for troubleshooting is to disconnect from the options button, and instead run two wires from the TAC1 pads to a tac switch. Then you can just use a standard tac switch instead of the options button. This would let you rule out any problems making the options solder connection.

Also this mod chip will not work without the shell closed and all screws inserted. The "sandwich" connections don't press together without the shell installed. (So if you are like me and like to troubleshoot before you close up the shell, in this case, you cannot do it).

This mod is a bit difficult to troubleshoot since it doesn't come with any LED. But my best guess is some sort of issue with the options (TAC1) connection to the PS4 circuit board, so try running a pair of wires from TAC1 to a standard tactile switch instead, and then just use that as the "options button" (instead of the real options button).

odingalt

Staff member
Yeah I just posted same time, but yeah, it looks to me like the "options" solder connection is the culprit here. Try two wires to standard tac switch for TAC1 connection, instead of one wire from TAC1 to the options button connection.

WHITE 4ND N3RDY

Try moving your wire one pad over on the tac #1 pad on your mod chip! That should make the options button work!

WHITE 4ND N3RDY

Diy can be a pain and a trial by error learning experience. All I can say is update pictures of your install being very detailed with them. U might want to sign up @ acidmods.com and post your install and pics at that site. There are many experienced members there that can help u figure out where you are going wrong with your build by analyzing your photos. Its worth a shot.

Helliouse

I have followed the directions as per the document. I am unclear where there could have been error. I closed the case, screwed it together etc. and still no love.

Viking has offered to exchange, I will most likely take them up on the offer.