Question about update

Daunting

I have a Ragnarock currently on it's way to my home. Will it already have the latest firmware, or do I need to update it?

Thanks

MJ23KB24

ModdingBros Leader
Yup Agent is right, if you get it and dont think so you can always do a just in case update, wont hurt anything.

odingalt

Staff member
On the Ragnarok when you connect it to your computer and open the software, it'll tell you which Driver version is currently loaded, you can compare this number to the download available on the downloads page. (But it should already have the latest)

usa98j30t4

I am having an issue when trying to download the latest driver version 1.5. Says I have XP with service pack 3. When I right click on the link (per the instructions), it does not give me the option to save the file. It does give me an option to save the link. When I do that, it just shows the driver version 1.5 as a hex, when I attempt to open that, it says it cannot find the program.

I tried both Google Chrome (which is what I use) and IE. IE asked if I wanted to save the target.

I have looked at you tutorial many times. I downloaded 1.3 a long time ago with no problems.

Last edited:

odingalt

Staff member
Ok, you have a .hex file. Now you need to download and install the software that lets you use .hex files. It's called the firmware updater, and it can be downloaded by clicking on the link that was literally directly above (like 1/10th of an inch) above the other link you used to download the .hex file.

If that doesn't help, about 2 inches above that link on the downloads page is a full length tutorial video on firmware updates: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BIRk309TnUc

If neither of those help, do you have any computer nerds in the house?