Question for BO2 Macro Creators

Ghostwolfe

I've been playing around with the editor a little for somethings and have a few questions for the experts, when you set up a macro for let's say rapid fire or turbo knife how do you determine what lethal you need in order for the macro to work properly?

WHITE 4ND N3RDY

ModdingBros Representative
I've been playing around with the editor a little for somethings and have a few questions for the experts, when you set up a macro for let's say rapid fire or turbo knife how do you determine what lethal you need in order for the macro to work properly?
This question leaves a wide area to cover. Ill try to be short and quick with my advise.

I see u mention turbo knife so ill cover the basics of this particular mod and help u understand how it works to help u better understand how to build your own. My first piece of advice to u would be to upload some turbo knife macros in the forums or macro library. Study the timeline of that macro.

U will see it works by first using the melee button then RB (or LB "only in BO2") followed by the Y button. These sequences are known as button cancelers in the community or in "your terminology" lethals. Now that u understand the basics of what buttons are needed to perform the mod u are working on u can now work on timing.

Timing consist of when, how long & dead time "between buttons". This may seem overwhelming at first but their are tricks to help u out. One trick is to set your controller up with record and playback. Knowing that melee RB & Y perform fast knife try hitting the record button and manually performing this sequence. When u think u found a good knife swing u like go to your editor then look at the timeline on the playback button. It will have a timeline written of your knife. Another method is to use a macro that does what u want it to do but maybe it may be on a different game. try it on the game u want it to work on and break down where the timing is off.

Now U will have to test and re-test till u get the macro to where u want it to be. After the melee press u want to look at the knife swing. U want it to do a half swing. Look where the knife swing stops. Does it go past half swing or does it fall short? If it falls short then lengthen the line on the RB timeline. If the swing goes past half swing then Dial the line in the timeline on the RB function backward. Keep in mind u should only dial the timeline forward or backward 1 to 2 bars at a time " unless the timing is way off ". The Y function stops the RB function from throwing your lethal. Find the timing where it wont throw the RB function. All this takes time and patience. U just have to play with it till u find the sweet spot.

With practice practice practice and learning all the button cancelers u will be a macro pro in no time. Most people get pretty good at after a month or two. The best thing u can do is to ask for advise here or if you get stumped post the macro u are working on and ask others here to look at it and see if they cant point out where u need to go to make it right.

U will find its very rewarding to make your own mods and rewarding to know others may be using them as well. Good luck with learning how to make your own mods! Just remember almost every mod u can think of has already been made and is in here. Im not saying they are all perfect but they are good bench markers to use when u want to tweak them or create your own mods for new games.

Last edited:

Ghostwolfe

Thanks for the tips White 4ND N3RDY and BoneFisher, I was playing around with something over the week, but as Bone did say test, test. I am working on a few different macros and one of which I am looking to get working for Diablo III just to make certain things easier for pulling off special powers for my demon hunter. Thanks a lot guys as soon as I get something working I will post it up for the pros to look at.