Question for odingalt

drb1992

I sent this same question as a PM to you but I'm not sure how often you check your PM's so I figured I would post it here also. Sorry if I sound impatient but I am really eager to buy my Odin's Raven but I can't do that until I get an answer to my question. (not sure if this is the right section for this question if not sorry)

OK in this thread you say that you were out of 3.5mm cables. http://viking360.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=601&p=4908&hilit=shipping#p4908
Was this just something that happened in February or are you still out of stock of them? I am just wandering cause I think I am gonna get the 3.5mm jack. I want to know because I don't want to buy something then have to wait for y'all to get a part in so you can ship it to me. Thanks for your time and hope to hear from you soon.

M1A1xVIKINGxFTW

drb1992 said:
I sent this same question as a PM to you but I'm not sure how often you check your PM's so I figured I would post it here also. Sorry if I sound impatient but I am really eager to buy my Odin's Raven but I can't do that until I get an answer to my question. (not sure if this is the right section for this question if not sorry)

OK in this thread you say that you were out of 3.5mm cables. http://viking360.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=601&p=4908&hilit=shipping#p4908
Was this just something that happened in February or are you still out of stock of them? I am just wandering cause I think I am gonna get the 3.5mm jack. I want to know because I don't want to buy something then have to wait for y'all to get a part in so you can ship it to me. Thanks for your time and hope to hear from you soon.
ok i know im not odingalt but i can tell you a 3.5 mm jack can be found at ebay,amazon,and radio shack.the 3.5mm cable can be found again at amazon,best buy,ebay...actually all of this can be found at any electronics store..i hope this answers your question

M1A1 ;)

drb1992

Thanks, but me and Odin have been talking back and forth and he said that he still has some in his reserves and some new ones on the way. Do you work for Viking360? If so do you know how long it would take for a controller to get from Washington State to all the way over to South Georgia?

M1A1xVIKINGxFTW

drb1992 said:
Thanks, but me and Odin have been talking back and forth and he said that he still has some in his reserves and some new ones on the way. Do you work for Viking360? If so do you know how long it would take for a controller to get from Washington State to all the way over to South Georgia?
oh ok so you bought the controller already???

Fredrow

It will take as long as the amount of time needed by the POST OFFICE to ship using Priority Mail......

drb1992 said:

drb1992 said:

Well if you 2 where talking you should have asked him how long it takes to ship......

drb1992

Fredrow said:
It will take as long as the amount of time needed by the POST OFFICE to ship using Priority Mail......

drb1992 said:

drb1992 said:

Well if you 2 where talking you should have asked him how long it takes to ship......
I did but he got off (that was late last night) and he hasn't responded yet. He is a busy man so I understand but if anyone else can answer the question that is fine with me.

drb1992

M1A1xVIKINGxFTW said:
drb1992 said:
Nope but plan onto within a day or two. I'm gonna get a black Odin's Raven with orange LEDs and 3.5mm jack.

M1A1xVIKINGxFTW

drb1992 said:
M1A1xVIKINGxFTW said:
drb1992 said:
Nope but plan onto within a day or two. I'm gonna get a black Odin's Raven with orange LEDs and 3.5mm jack.
im shure if you order it he would put it in but really im not the person that should answer it e is the best person for this(since its him you are purchasing the controller from).oh and it took 3 days to get my odins raven from seattle to boston.

drb1992

M1A1xVIKINGxFTW said:
im shure if you order it he would put it in but really im not the person that should answer it e is the best person for this(since its him you are purchasing the controller from).oh and it took 3 days to get my odins raven from seattle to boston.
Well that's not bad. That is actually really good news, it will have to travel farther but still shouldn't take to long.

Fredrow

All shipping info is all answered within the Viking360 page, and all shipping question have been answered over 1000x on the forums and now looks like 1001x.....

ALL SHIPPING THROUGH VIKING360 or EAST-SEATTLE-ELECTRONICS IS ALL DONE BY PRIORITY SHIPPING (3-4 DAYS) THROUGH USPS (for people who live under a rock, USPS is the UNITED STATES POSTAL SERVICE)

drb1992

Fredrow said:
All shipping info is all answered within the Viking360 page, and all shipping question have been answered over 1000x on the forums and now looks like 1001x.....

ALL SHIPPING THROUGH VIKING360 or EAST-SEATTLE-ELECTRONICS IS ALL DONE BY PRIORITY SHIPPING (3-4 DAYS) THROUGH USPS (for people who live under a rock, USPS is the UNITED STATES POSTAL SERVICE)
Ya I know who USPS is, but I also know that they are the or at least one of the most unpredictable/unreliable shipping services to. Odin actually told me that he plans on switching to UPS sometime. He responded to my question just a little while ago and said that 5% of the time it can take 7 days or longer, 60-70% of the time 2-3 days, and the rest 3-6 days.

Fredrow

Well I can tell you this..... USPS is 10000x better than UPS..... Test and studies have shown that USPS is more reliable than UPS, and 8/10 times are faster and at the same time cheaper than UPS.....

drb1992

Are you sure? From what Odin said it sounded like UPS would be better. But I don't know much about this stuff and have had some bad experiences with USPS for me to not prefer them. TBH it doesn't matter cause my modded controller will be shipped using USPS and hopefully it comes within 3-6 days.

obo

to be honest, im not a fan of usps either, but its cheaper than ups. So thats why i use them. After a while, you sort of just get over the fact that you have to wait for stuff, and either buy it for more money, or wait longer.

although for the future, think how awesome it would be to have a printer that could print 3D stuff for you.

for example you buy your controller from odin, then he sends you the file, then you print your viking360 controller 5 seconds later.
Good shit yeah?

Xx Binno xX

I think thats funny you said that obo i was thinking of that same thing a few days ago. just go to google and look up what ever the best console is at the time and file print few seconds later you got it lol.

IrishStyle

obo said:
although for the future, think how awesome it would be to have a printer that could print 3D stuff for you.

for example you buy your controller from odin, then he sends you the file, then you print your viking360 controller 5 seconds later.
Good shit yeah?

I want some of what your smoking lol.

M1A1xVIKINGxFTW

IrishStyle said:
obo said:

Good shit yeah?

:lol:

Fredrow

IrishStyle said:
obo said:

Good shit yeah?

I bet they had some of that Frankenstein, the Deer Shit, the Bling, and the Bling Bling; all rolled up into one joint......

odingalt

Staff member
Yeah I hope I got most of the questions answered by PM. Customers I think prefer UPS. Personally when I order products, I request FEDEX because I can't stand UPS personally.

FedEx: Your package is scheduled for delivery on a Tuesday. It gets into the local hub early, they might be nice and delivery it Monday. Shit, I've even had FedEx come to my personal residence on a Saturday to deliver stuff. UPS did do Saturday Delivery to my residence once but I had to pay beaucoup bucks for it.

UPS: Your packge is scheduled for Tuesday, they gonna deliver it Tuesday. Even if it's sitting at the local hub for 3-4 days. You can't pick it up. You gotta wait for them to deliver. But, some customers prefer this so they know exactly what day it gonna show up.

USPS: Hi we're going to delivery anywhere from 2 days to 6 days, good luck knowing what day it will show up, plan on making a trip to your local post office will-call station.

USPS is 60% of the cost of UPS. For small business like Viking360, UPS charges us full retail rates (which we pass on to the customer - you can pay $10-$15 for a USPS priority package, plan on paying $20-$25 for UPS Ground) because we're not Walmart/Newegg/Amazon.com