Ragnarok Controller Issue

ZeroSkills13

I recently purchased a ragnarok for myself and am using it fine, I purchased one before x-mas for my brother in law. He finally brought it over and I set it up and installed the 1.5 software. I held the mod button down and pushed the down key pad and the A button. Also changed out the batteries but it will not go into any mods. Any ideas?

WHITE 4ND N3RDY

ModdingBros Representative
Yes all recent purchases have the latest firmware programmed on them and ready to go. As for the second question to Zeroskills When u hold down the tac (mod) switch and press down on the directional pad that deactivates all mods that run off the player 4 led. If u hold down the tac (mod) switch and press A button that deactivates all mods assigned to the player 3 led. Those two presses are designed to terminate all mods that are currently assigned. Have u tried to turn on 'say' rapidfire by holding the tac (mod) switch and tapping the right trigger? If u do that the player 4 led light should stay on indicating rapid fire is on. If u do this and no led turns on then u may need to open a support ticket in the help desk section in the viking home page. If the light stays on that means its working and if u want to turn off rapidfire u would then hold the tac switch and tap down on the directional pad and it will shut the player 4 led off indicating that the mod u assigned has been turned off. One more possibility is if u downloaded the V1.5 software wrong u may have to uninstall it then re install it back on. If u dont know how to turn on the mods just send me a PM and I can tell you how to install every mod for this controller. The great thing about the ragnarok is u can assign multiple mods at once thats why they made 2 mod cancelers that being mod button and down & a button for quick mod shutdown.

ZeroSkills13

I have tried to cut on fapid fire player 4 led never comes on. Players 4 led does work though it flashed with the rest of them when changing batteries. Rapid fire and no other mods will cut on.

WHITE 4ND N3RDY

Ok try to uninstall the V1.5 software then re-install the software and see if the problem continues after that. If it does u are defenetly going to have to open a support ticket. It will ask u to describe the issues u are having then depending how busy viking is they will get back to uas soon as they can sometime mon-fri. They will send u a link to go to to print out a free shipping order and they will have u ship your controller back to there shop then they will fix it and mail it back to u. There real good about this and they will keep you informed on whats happining in your support ticket. I would try my sugestion first then if it dosent work after that open the support ticket a.s.a.p seing how its the weekend. The sooner you file your support ticket the sooner in line u will be to be helped. Again viking is very good about doing right with there coustomers so just have some patence and it will go by quicker than u think : )

WHITE 4ND N3RDY

In Zeroskills first statment he said that He installed the V 1.5 himself and by doing so u could have done something worng somewhere in that process that would corupt the EPPROM data on the chip. If u uninstall the V1.5 and re install it it might fix the problem of him not being able to turn his mods on. Yes Slicktrick they do come pre installed with the latest software but if someone installs over the V1.5 they ccan do something wrong like unpluge it too eairly or something in that matter that will cause it to corupt the EPPROM data. U have to try to eleminate all possibilities of whats making your controller bug out before u open a support ticket. If u dident try this and sent it in it would just be a waste of shipping cost to the viking company. Ive seen other people make this same mistake and the controller issues can be a real simple fix. If u try this and it still dosent work then ya u more than likley have a hardware issue. Im just telling u what odin or any other administrater will tell u to try before u rule it out as a defective controller.

Last edited:

odingalt

Staff member
ZeroSkills13. Did you use the latest and greatest firmware updater from the website? Wondering if your brother has a "CG2" version of the Ragnarok while if you have an older Ragnarok from a couple months back it could be the "Matrix2" version. To update his you must use the latest firmware updater off the website as it will detect which controller he has automatically and load the correct firmware. I.e. if you had an older v1.5 firmware on your computer from when you updated a couple months ago, that version will not work on his controller. I hope this makes sense.

Basically the modchip is the same but the Microsoft circuit board is different -- the firmware update is different depending on whether or not the circuit board is a CG2 or matrix2. The old firmware updater only updated Matrix2 controllers.

ZeroSkills13

I did use the old firmware updater, so you are probably onto something Odingalt. As to why I installed the 1.5 to his controller, I did it to the one I purchased a few months back. I assumed that is what needed to be done. I will try and use the newest updater and see if that fix's the problem. Thanks Guys.