Ragnorak not detected on computer

stunnedjack1

So I just installed a ragnorak chip into a cg2 controller, and everything is working fine, the only thing is that my computer is not detecting the controller. I am running windows 8 and nothing happens when I plug it in. I have tripple checked the wires and connections and everything seems to be fine except it wont connect. I also tried it with Windows 7 and nothing still. The only thing that happened is the chip got bent a small amount by sitting to far back and getting closed in between some plastic, I don't think it would have damaged anything as the chip is working and cycling through the modes properly.

2013-03-20 15.41.17.jpg2013-03-20 15.43.19.jpg

dogeatdog

Things I ran into the first time I did this (which was four days ago :)) :

- check if the jack is pushed in completely
- verify continuitiy between the points on the Ragnarok (vcc, gnd, d+,d-) with the corresponding legs on your usb jack. I reckon that having the same color doesn't make it easier to see which wire is going wire, so checking with a multimeter might be advisable.
- if both the test above are ok, then check if you have an usb port in your parts bin somewhere, I use this to check if the continuity is going all the way from the points on the chip to the points on the female usb port.

IMG_2348.jpg

If that is also ok, try another computer and/or replace batteries in the controller.

stunnedjack1

Ya I have tripple checked the wires and they are all wired properly. I also have plugged the cable in without it being in the controller, and made sure it was all the way plugged in. Unfortunately I dont have a spare usb port, So i cant check that.

odingalt

Staff member
Stupid question are you putting in batteries in the controller? In this design the batteries power the USB technically (it's not powered by your computer when connected).