Rapid Fire Problems plus more....

Choppy

Hey guys, I have never used one of these controllers before but I thought I would try it out. I received my controller a couple days ago and seem to be having trouble with it. When I turn on the rapid fire it does not seem to work. The only gun it seems to kind of work on is the single shot assault riffle. Even then it does not fire at the speeds shown in your videos. I messed around with the different settings for rapid fire and it seems like some guns work better on different levels. With any assault riffle or SMG the first level just gives me a slow firing rate... Is this supposed to happen? Do different guns use the different levels or once I turn on rapid fire everything should work?

I also tried the burst firing mode and that did not work for the single shot assault riffle.

I also followed the manual for quick reload and that does not seem to be working either.

Again, I am new at this so not sure if I am just doing something wrong or what.

I use tactical flipped as my layout and I switch it to number 7 before I begin.

Hope this makes sense to everyone. I appreciate all feedback. Thanks!

xKiLLa CaM

Useful Poster
I'll try and help as best as I can until jets or odin take a look at your thread. When you get the controller it comes programmed with viking's default speeds for each game. Now, what game are you using it for because by default it comes out of the box ready for black ops. Mode 1 of rapidfire is set for black ops and should work for most pistols and semiauto weapons. If you're going to use this for mw3 I have posted speeds for pretty much all the weapons it works for in other threads. Each weapon has a different speed cap so the rapidfire speeds are different for each gun and arent "universal". I have the 360 ragnarok so I can help you program in good speeds in the software but im not too familiar with how the ps3controller operates

battlelog

I have a question for you, is your usb charge cord plugged in to your controller while you are trying to use the mods??? Does it work fine with out the usb charge code plugged in?
Reason I am asking I had issues with my controller and sent it back to them to check it out, I dont play COD games, but the controller works great for BF3 and other games if you mess around witht the settings. My controller was working great when I first got it but then it started to act up, it acted up while my usb charge cord was plugged in and then it just started to turn off by it self when ever it wanted too. But i have no worries I know the viking team will find what the issue are?

NYjetsNY1

For support on the PS3 ragnarok, go here: http://www.vikingdigital.com/support/ps3-ragnarok

Contacting Support

Having troubles with the PS3 Ragnarok Controller? Log into your account and then click on "Help Desk" to contact our staff. Don't have an account yet? Register now - it's free, and private. Registering is fast, easy, and helps our customer support agents keep better track of any issues or questions you may have.

Our vikingdigital ticket system is much easier, intuitive, cleaner, than the one at viking360.

Please leave a ticket with everything you've said here / the forum link. We should be better suited to answer you in the ticket. We can help you better there - and if we deem it to be a hardware issue (not user error) we will have you ship it back!

PS3andCOD

Contributor
Well, first of all the rapidfire does not work at all with non-semi automatic guns. It will always be slow like you said. It does work well with the MK14 however, the best preset mode for me on PS3 for MW3 is the first mode. My internet is really bad though, so you might be able to program in an even faster speed.

Choppy

Thanks guys for the responses.

I am trying to use the controller on MW3.

xKilla CaM - I am trying to find out where you posted the speeds for each different gun but I am having hard time finding it. Could you possibly give me the rapid fire modes for the following guns: ACR, SCAR, P90, MK14, G36 or just send me a link of where you posted the speed mode for each gun?

PS3andCOD - So I am a little confused then because I thought rapid fire works for all guns? Also rapid fire has something to do with internet speed?

jimmorrson1173 - the controller works the same with the usb plugged in so there is no change there

NYjetsNY1 - thanks for the info I will open a ticket up ASAP

odingalt

Staff member
Hey guys, I have never used one of these controllers before but I thought I would try it out. I received my controller a couple days ago and seem to be having trouble with it. When I turn on the rapid fire it does not seem to work. The only gun it seems to kind of work on is the single shot assault riffle. Even then it does not fire at the speeds shown in your videos. I messed around with the different settings for rapid fire and it seems like some guns work better on different levels. With any assault riffle or SMG the first level just gives me a slow firing rate... Is this supposed to happen? Do different guns use the different levels or once I turn on rapid fire everything should work?

Rapdfire only works on semi-auto guns.

Rapidfire on a gun that is already full auto will just slow it down. (However I use this on some medium-ranged maps to slow down the firing rate of the SCAR so I can go for headshots).

I also tried the burst firing mode and that did not work for the single shot assault riffle.

Burst firing is just rapidfire that stops after X number of shots (where x is 2, 3, 4 or 5)

I also followed the manual for quick reload and that does not seem to be working either.

Which run are you doing quick reload for? It's important that the delay is set exactly right for your gun. Plus fast reload method was patched in MW3, you can use "semtex" fast reload, you have to use modes 6-10 and you have to be holding a semtext grenade.

Again, I am new at this so not sure if I am just doing something wrong or what.

I use tactical flipped as my layout and I switch it to number 7 before I begin.

Perfect :)

Hope this makes sense to everyone. I appreciate all feedback. Thanks!

We're here!

TecHunter

Rapid Fire on Fully automatic is awesome. It will slow down the fire rate, but it can be dialed in till its almost unnoticeable. When you use it on fully automatic it improves accuracy. Try it out while watching your bullet spread. I use rapid fire on fully automatics exclusively.

battlelog

LIke tech hunter said it does work on fully auto guns too, you just have to take time and figure what setting is best for the gun that you are using. I play bf3 and I use the Famas and let me till you I have the gun on burst mode and it works perfect, guys just drop like crazy and also, it helps on recoil for me. Also on socom confrontation amd socom 4 the rapid fire works great and for some reason you have no recoil at all!!!

xKiLLa CaM

Useful Poster
Thanks guys for the responses.

I am trying to use the controller on MW3.

xKilla CaM - I am trying to find out where you posted the speeds for each different gun but I am having hard time finding it. Could you possibly give me the rapid fire modes for the following guns: ACR, SCAR, P90, MK14, G36 or just send me a link of where you posted the speed mode for each gun?

I haven't made a thread where I posted speeds for every gun. I only have speeds for the pistols, MK14, and Type 95. I use the same speeds on my fully auto weapons when I feel like using them and they still work great. I don't like to slow down my fully auto weapons too much but I've used 11.7 SPS, 8.1 SPS, and 9.7 SPS on some of the fully autos and they all work good.