Resetting chip?

G

I loaded the duo test code and I think the flash may be bad cause since I did it I can't connect to the computer anymore. I removed all the wires twice and resoldered every connection with new wire. Also used a multimeter to check for opens and grounds but no dice. I can't apply the new patch for cg2 boards because I can't connect to the pc. When I install batteries I automatically get code 1,3, and 4 on number 4 led without 3.5 connected. After all the problems I decided to switch from 3.5 to PnC and it still didn't work.

NITROTUEL

I had the same problem with my CG2.I just jump started it with the play and charge cord.Have your xbox on.Turn your controller off.Pop the battery out alittle at the top keeping it attatched but so it won't turn it on.Hold the right tact switch and plug in the playncharge cord.It should go into program mode.Now pop the battery in while the controller is still attatched to the playncharge.Unplug the play and charge and take your controller to your computer.I hope this helps your problem too..Oh, and I unplug my xbox to program the controller or you'll download stuff on xbox live on accident.It works without all this after checking the box on updating it.

odingalt

Staff member
This bug only happens with CG2's, has to do with the CG2 board itself and patching the bootloader to like the CG2 board better.

On CG2's, if this happens, pull the batteries completely out. Then start holding the sync/right tac switch before you even put the batteries back in. Continue holding the button while you put the batteries in and power up. Should put it into programming mode.

Program one of the codes newer than 10/22/2009 into the controller once with the 'allow word configuration programming' box checked. This will patch the bootloader. You only have to do this once. Then you shouldn't have to hold the button down before even putting the batteries in.

G

Thanks for the help guys. I think it had something to do with the electrical tape on the back that melted into the solder holes making the connection bad. I removed all the wiring, solder and tape then cleaned with alcohol and resoldered and that did the trick.