Resolution and Random Closing on Macro Editing Software

Salamito140

For some reason the resolution on the program is all messed up. I can barely see the whole program and it randomly closes when i open it. Help please!! i just got the controller and i wanna use it.

NYjetsNY1

odingalt, ik the software is very expensive and expensive to change / do things, but you really should be able to minimize / maximize the software window, edit the resolution off that, etc. will that be apart of the 1.0 or .9 software (16 pages) update?

odingalt

Staff member
It will always be a fixed window forever. However, originally our fixed window resolution was supposed to be 1024x768. Somehow we ended up with a fixed resolution of 1280x1024. :|

BuddahMonk

odingalt said:
It will always be a fixed window forever. However, originally our fixed window resolution was supposed to be 1024x768. Somehow we ended up with a fixed resolution of 1280x1024. :|

Anyway around this? I'm on Xp with a resolution of 1366x768. Can't close program without using the task bar. And I cant see or use the left right scroll bar on the bottom of the page in the time line editor.

obo

BuddahMonk said:
odingalt said:

Anyway around this? I'm on Xp with a resolution of 1366x768. Can't close program without using the task bar. And I cant see or use the left right scroll bar on the bottom of the page in the time line editor.
get a better monitor i guess =/

It's what i had to do. Kind of something i decided i should do after the guy at best buy laughed at me for having a 12 inch computer screen :(

BuddahMonk

obo said:
BuddahMonk said:
odingalt said:

get a better monitor i guess =/

It's what i had to do. Kind of something i decided i should do after the guy at best buy laughed at me for having a 12 inch computer screen :(

Just to run the Viking software? It's my 11 inch netbook. Do I really have to get a new monitor or computer just to run this program correctly? This controller is going to cost me more than I expected. Maybe it should be noted on the download page that it might not work correctly on all CPU systems.

I can see enough to get around with a resolution of 1280x800. The top and bottom are cut off, and the I need to close it with alt+f4, but it shows enough to work properly.

BuddahMonk

Pyroman515 said:
I can see enough to get around with a resolution of 1280x800. The top and bottom are cut off, and the I need to close it with alt+f4, but it shows enough to work properly.

Any way to scroll right in the Timeline editor?

On mine, the scroll bar is split by the task bar underneath, but if you can't see it, either shrink the task bar, or move it to the side.

BuddahMonk

Pyroman515 said:
On mine, the scroll bar is split by the task bar underneath, but if you can't see it, either shrink the task bar, or move it to the side.

Thanks. Will try when I get back to my comp. Was hoping it would be the arrow keys on the keyboard. Anyway to add this to future updates?

BuddahMonk said:
Thanks. Will try when I get back to my comp. Was hoping it would be the arrow keys on the keyboard.
Wow... I can't believe I totally forgot about arrow keys... you can use the arrow keys if you have a dot selected somewhere and if there is space to scroll over. So if you want to go past the 2 second mark you'll need to create a point and drag it over just to have the extra space, then delete it after.

mckelvey

I'm also trying to run it on a netbook, so having an option adjust the res would be nice. Or having a scrolling feature on the primary window so I can see the whole timeline/menu bar. Not a show stopper, but definitly a real limitation for those of us who don't have a full computing rig near their 360. I'm also seeing similar random errors, mine show up while trying to open vk macros I just saved for editing, it states that it opened with errors, then wont display anything in the timeline. Are there any plans for an update soon?

odingalt

Staff member
mckelvey said:
Are there any plans for an update soon?

Yes. I'm riding my windows developer like a donkey for the last two weeks to release a new software. We did have a new firmware out yesterday, but the software is 3-4 weeks old and is due for an update.

One, because we have bugs with the analog tracks and also some laptop users actually can't see the window because it gets cut in half (I'm not aware of any other bugs).

Two, because we have some more wicked awesome features coming that will make it possible to get 3-round burst and much improved anti-recoil (by disabling the x-axis part of your stick, it'll pull back for you but you'll still be free to aim left and right normally)