RIGHT STICK PROBLEM'S ON RAVEN!

DEVDOG23

I bought my Raven not too long ago and i love it, ...BUT the other day i was playing and the right stick just stopped working. now it just dangles and spins around and i am unable to use it....Does anyone know what happened??? Did it snap and Break??? PLEASE HELP!!!

IrishStyle

Try pushing it down while you are turning it, maybe it popped off the stick. If it did you would be able to feel the slot it sits in.

DEVDOG23

YA I DID THAT IT JUST ROLLS AROUND AND WHEN IT SPINS AROUND IT MAKES CRACKING NOISES....AND I STILL CANT MOVE IDK BUT I THINK IT'S SNAPED OFF

PS3andCOD

Contributor
You must be really rough on your controllers. I have an original PS1 controller that is still in perfect shape. Admitedly it doesn't get much use any more...

DEVDOG23

No I'm not hard on them at all, in fact i have a special case for all of my controllers...this is the only one that has ever done this...i was just playing a came of S&D and it happened!

Paul

DEVDOG23 said:
No I'm not hard on them at all, in fact i have a special case for all of my controllers...this is the only one that has ever done this...i was just playing a came of S&D and it happened!

Don't worry, it probably just came off the peg. They might of not put it on securely, or the thumb stick might of died on the bottom, which your warranty should cover both.

Ben

I had a controller in the other day that someone had snapped the little stick, coming up from the actual analog unit, clean off inside the thumbstick haa - I'm not even sure thats possible!

DEVDOG23

DO U HAVE TO LIKE TAKE THE HOLE ANALOG STICK PORT OUT OR CAN U JUST REPLACE TTHE STICK IT SELF....WILL U HAVE TO RESOLODER

IrishStyle

DEVDOG23 said:
DO U HAVE TO LIKE TAKE THE HOLE ANALOG STICK PORT OUT OR CAN U JUST REPLACE TTHE STICK IT SELF....WILL U HAVE TO RESOLODER

If the actual post coming from the analog is snapped off I would think the whole analog wold have to be desoldered and reinstalled. Not sure without seeing the broken analog first.

DEVDOG23

If the actual post coming from the analog is snapped off I would think the whole analog wold have to be desoldered and reinstalled. Not sure without seeing the broken analog first.[/quote]...COULD I OPEN IT AND TAKE A PIC AND U COULD TELL ME WHAT U THINK...OR WOULD THAT VOID MY WARRANTY???

odingalt

Staff member
We've had one where the guy must've gotten mad and broke the post clean off. We also saw one where the grey plastic base of the thumbstick gave way (thanks for the quality on that one microsoft), no way to tell for sure until somebody cracks it opeen!

DEVDOG23

odingalt said:
We've had one where the guy must've gotten mad and broke the post clean off. We also saw one where the grey plastic base of the thumbstick gave way (thanks for the quality on that one microsoft), no way to tell for sure until somebody cracks it opeen!

CAN I OPEN IT UP OR COULD THAT AFFECT WARRANY..COULD I OPEN UP AND TAKE PIC???? AND POST FOR U TO C

odingalt

Staff member
I wouldn't open it up, especially if it's a Raven, you could risk catching some of the wires on something when you open it and tear a wire off and cause damage or something like that (it's a bit of a spider's nest in there if you don't know what to watchout for when you open up the controller), if you can pay to mail it in we can open it up and take a look - if just the plastic thumbstick 'top' needs replaced we wouldn't charge anything, if the actual 'post' on the thumbstick mechanism got snapped off that can take some work to repair, that's pretty hefty duty, so if that post got snapped you'd know how/why it did (dropkicked controller or using it to beat up on your friend lol)

DEVDOG23

PLUS I AM NEVER HARD ON MY CONTROLLERS...IN FACT MY FRIEND GAVE ME A HAMMER A WHILE BACK AND THT STILL WORKS FINE...NEVER ANY PROBLEMS