Size of the window?!

Rewkie

When i open up the macro editing software i cant see the far left side and can see little of the top. Ive tried right clicking the little bar on the bottom of the screen but all is says is close minimize and move. And ive tried moving it but it wont move. Any suggestions? (Btw im using windows xp if that helps...)

odingalt

Staff member
Are you running with the minimum required desktop resolution?

What desktop resolution are you set to? Try increasing it?

BigHG

I am also having an issue with the Macro software window size. I am running Win7 at 1920x1080 and it always launches in a window taller than the visible screen. I can't grab it to move it up or down and display the min/max/close boxes. Nor can I resize it. I can lower my resolution to 1600x900, launch the program and see the min/max boxes and then grab the top bar and move the screen left and right to see the sides. But I can never get to the bottom of the window.

Here is a pic at launch.

Thanks for the help.

Macro Window Launch Size.jpg

Last edited:

odingalt

Staff member
BigHG did you update to the new version off the website, this is symptomatic of the old software that came on the original CD-ROM. After the CD-ROM was printed there was a software update that improved support for laptop/netbooks.

BigHG

HI Odin,

I just uninstalled and reinstalled from the link on the downloads page, just to be sure it is the newest version. Same result.

This is on a desk top machine and just in case something might jump off the page at you, here are the system specs:

Operating System
Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit SP1
CPU
Intel Core 2 Quad Q8200 @ 2.33GHz 35 °C
Yorkfield 45nm Technology
RAM
4.00 GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 533MHz (7-7-7-20)
Motherboard
Intel Corporation DP45SG (CPU 1) 30 °C
Graphics
X233H (1920x1080@60Hz)
X233H (1920x1080@60Hz)
ATI Radeon HD 4600 Series (XFX Pine Group)
Hard Drives
1863GB Volume0 (RAID)

odingalt

Staff member
I have no idea, I'm willing to just refund you for your macro controller. I don't know what's causing it, it works for 99% of other people, my honest opinion is to just generically "blame your windows". In reality I'm not going to get this fixed for you, the resolution switcher we have now supports 99% of netbooks, laptops and desktops and I'm not sure what's wrong :-x

odingalt

Staff member
I know I keep asking this but are you 100% sure you have the 0.9.0.0 latest version and not 0.8.x.x the old CD-ROM version had this problem and I swear it was fixed as of verison 0.8.7.something, it supports resolution down to like 1366x768 (netbooks)

BigHG

I double checked again. On the About/Help page it shows Version 0.9.0.0 .

I'm not losing sleep over it. This is an older machine with tons of crap on it that needs to be cleaned out. No doubt there is some messing with it.

Attachments

• Viking version.JPG
    Viking version.JPG
    26.5 KB · Views: 6

odingalt

Staff member
This is a really long shot. Can you take the attached .zip, download it, create a new folder, unzip all the files into that folder, and double click on the viking.exe and see if it still cuts off the window

edit couldn't upload attachment that big, sent it to your e-mail