Software downgrade for Ragnarok?

Montanareturnspt2

Does anyone have a v1.5 driver and software that will allow a driver downgrade on the Ragnarok for Mw2. I have been looking since i got my ragnarok controller and wanted to know if i could make my jitter faster. Please don't spam or flame about its fast enough. If you can help me then help if not don't comment please. This is for my xbox ragnarok controller. Thanks in advance

odingalt

Staff member
Ps3 Ragnarok or XBOX 360 Ragnarok? I'd like to move this post to the correct forum but need to know which console.

odingalt

Staff member
I have put a bunch of attachments but we don't officially support downgrades so attempt at your own risk. If you brick it you will have to mail it in for factory reprogram and you can only get the latest put back on and we charge a fee for it. If you try to load a CG2 firmware into a Matrix2 or vice-versa it will brick your controller. Early firmwares were only for one type of microsoft circuit board.

I don't believe these tools allow downgrades. Long story short we have the .hex files but I don't have a loader for them. You may need a very old loader so I attached a few version back. I.e. maybe try the loader from like v1.1 or v1.2 but the .hex from the version you want.

Again if this bricks your unit we charge for a restore to latest version only.

The main need for the newer loaders was it would detect the difference between matrix2 and cg2 and make sure not to brick your unit but it would also only allow upgrading to help keep sheeples from downgrading on accident. Of course the side affect is people who want to downgrade can't.

Attachments

• PS3 Ragnarok Universal Driver v1.3b.zip
    13 KB · Views: 0
  • XBOX 360 Ragnarok Universal Driver v1.5.zip
    176.6 KB · Views: 3
  • XBOX 360 Ragnarok Universal Driver v1.3.zip
    22.5 KB · Views: 1
  • PS3 Ragnarok Universal Driver v1.4.zip
    13.1 KB · Views: 0

Montanareturnspt2

I have put a bunch of attachments but we don't officially support downgrades so attempt at your own risk. If you brick it you will have to mail it in for factory reprogram and you can only get the latest put back on and we charge a fee for it. If you try to load a CG2 firmware into a Matrix2 or vice-versa it will brick your controller. Early firmwares were only for one type of microsoft circuit board.

I don't believe these tools allow downgrades. Long story short we have the .hex files but I don't have a loader for them. You may need a very old loader so I attached a few version back. I.e. maybe try the loader from like v1.1 or v1.2 but the .hex from the version you want.

Again if this bricks your unit we charge for a restore to latest version only.

The main need for the newer loaders was it would detect the difference between matrix2 and cg2 and make sure not to brick your unit but it would also only allow upgrading to help keep sheeples from downgrading on accident. Of course the side affect is people who want to downgrade can't.

it was for xbox 360 and thanks for the downloads. I am thinking of trying a new route or maybe a macro

Last edited:

odingalt

Staff member
I don't have an XBOX 360 Ragnarok at home to test this out. You can try the attached. (Please note that some customers who bought 3-4 years ago will have a "matrix2" and those users should not use the attached pack. If you purchased your new XBOX 360 Ragnarok in recent years, then it's fine to try the attached tool and .hex file).

Moving this thread to XBOX 360 Ragnarok support forum.

Attachments

• X360-Ragnarok-Downgrade-Pack-v1.5.zip
    50 KB · Views: 2

odingalt

Staff member
The tool I posted above is also a good tool to try if your controller has failed during a firmware upgrade.

odingalt

Staff member
Based on your other post it looks like missing files (missing Microsoft Visual Studio C++ redistributable files) . My computer must already have the files (I install lots of this stuff on my computer for software development). I can't tell if it's 2008 or 2010 library pack though. This link is to the 2008 library pack. If anyone finds this thread in the future and is trying a downgrade you might need to install the Microsoft libraries separately to get the old downgrade tool working

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=29

odingalt

Staff member
(Or just give up and open up a ticket with the helpdesk to get it shipped back for reprogramming). I suspect the firmware originally got bricked maybe because of the missing library files :-(. Which with the newest tool are supposed to install along with the tool. Sometimes Microsoft operating systems get these files messed up after install.