Tac switch?

dcntma

Just got the ps4 rev-c, and what wires connect to it? It has 4prongs showing, but the wires coming in only have tac and 2 wires?

WHITE 4ND N3RDY

ModdingBros Representative
Here's the installation link........

http://www.vikingdigital.com/downlo...k-PS4-Installation-Instructions-11-6-2014.pdf

Easiest way to explain it would be to solder to both legs on the same side "virtical" (so right next to each other, up and down)

It also dissent matter what two wires go where as long as u use both pads on the mod chip. When I do mine I do wire management and ground all my tacs so I can run one wire to the mod chip but I have to now what pad is the postitve and what pad is the negative to do so. Keep it simple and just wire both wires to the tax and to the 2 solder points to the mod chip pad.

Just take your time and don't rush. Slow and methodical and you will win!

Last edited:

dcntma

And is there an alternative to the v connection on board its so darn small I am having problems getting the solder on it

WHITE 4ND N3RDY

Do u have a multi meter? Get a volt meter turn on your controller and test the volt spot and read what volts it is. My guess Its a around 3.5V. If so I can show you alternative solder points to hit. I don't know if their microchip runs on a low watt range. If it like 1.7 V or something then that might be your only option. I'll get back to u real quick. I'm going to look at a schmatic of the jdm 011 boards and see if I can't find a 3.5 V TP (test point)

WHITE 4ND N3RDY

I can't find a good enough schmatic so my suggestion to u would be to tin the wire you need to solder to the V connection on the controller Then dip the end of the exposed wire in some flux. This will help it stick. Be careful though u don't want to damage anything.

The only other suggestion would be go to a hardwood store buy a multi meter "there like 5$" and test the V connection to see what voltage is coming out of it. Then if I look at the installation sheet where it shows the ground connection move over left two points and test that to see what voltage is coming out off that point. If it's the same it might be compatible but there's also a possibility it could have a adverse effect on the right an olive stick. So I wouldn't condone it but possibly could work. Odin would know more about it than me. Just don't fry out that little ressistor next to that voltage point. Like I said slow and easy. If u get tired or discouraged just take a break and start on it tomorrow with a clear head. U will thank yourself.

WHITE 4ND N3RDY

I believe it should have came with a ribbon cable to the quad light. There shouldn't be no need to solder. Just be careful as the clamps are brittle that clamps the ribbon cable down.

If u want to solder the connections u might need diodes. Only staff can awnser that for u. I don't know if they have built in diodes in there new quad light pcb.

Freyja

Staff member
The Rev C chip and Rev C LED have no need for diodes. Only the Rev A chips and Rev A LED's did, we no longer produce or sell that version.

dcntma

Okay I was just making sure and the S2 connector point on the board is literally a pin hole,, any tips on getting the wire to solder to that point?

dcntma

I had every thing working lights came on then it all stopped? So I got to go through it and see what's up,

Freyja

Staff member
There is no S2 connection on the Rev C boards; there is V G LS and RS. The Ragnarok activation tac switch wires must be wired to TAC1 pads. LED wires are not used as you have the revision with the header LED board and a header on the modchip. You only have 6 wires to install, 2 of which are TACs. Be sure you are connecting V to the correct point as it is different for different PS4 JDM models

Look at the pictures in the manual; if the board and or the modchip doesn't look like yours does DO NOT follow it. We only made one manual for the 7+ revisions we/Sony did. The install kits are DIY and not meant for beginners.

Freyja

Staff member
I have no idea where/what the S2 is that you are referring to. The smallest connection point on this install is V, is this what you are talking about? Not every pad on the modchip needs to be connected to something on the board, you don't even need to tim anything except for V G LS RS and TAC1