taking controller apart

sandor356

bad led?

i got my controller today. i installed the blue leds, and they seem to work but the player 1 led is alot brighter then the player 4 led. When i plug my controller into the pnc cable the lights seem the brightest which is way better then before i plugged it into the pnc cable. Why cant they stay that bright without the cable.

sandor356

button mixup

im was playing mw2 and im fooling around with the buttons when i realized that the x button swaps weapons like the y button. it still reloads but most of the time it just wants to switch weapons. i would like to know if anyone elses controller does this. tnx p.s the reload glitch is'nt active when it happens.

IrishStyle

Re: button mixup

Do you have a reload glitch active? Is the #3 led lit when this happens? If so this is normal, its how reload glitches work. Its not normal if you hit x and and it pulls out your secondary.

M1A1xVIKINGxFTW

Re: bad led?

The different colors take different amounts of voltage....red LEDs are next to nothing where purple and blue almost are too much for the batteries

Fredrow

Re: viking controller broken

sandor356 said:
how do i return this controller? where do i go?

Ok Kid read this thread first,,,,,,,
viewtopic.php?f=18&t=1327

Then Spend about 5 more min of your life reading & doing this
viewtopic.php?f=18&t=1174

I bet your controller is not broken, I thinks its you that is broken!!! Maybe if you took the time to read you could have figured this out on your own... 9/10 kids who say there controller is broken! Turns out; they're controller wasn't even broken at all.... All it was, was the user/customer took the easy way through life and DIDN'T READ, or maybe he or she just doesn't know how to read? If that is the case, ask your friends to read it to you!!!!

sandor356

broken controller

i figured out what was wrong. i used the button test code and saw that the b button had somehow been connected to the y button. that would explain why i would push reload on mw2 but instead the weapons would switch. this website says that if there is a problem in the first 3 months to ship it back to get a free fix. if anyone knows how to send it back to get it fixed please let me know. also, how do you let them know what the problem is?

IrishStyle

Re: viking controller broken

Any more details sandor356? Most problems are honestly user error and can be figured out here in the forums, rather than the support ticket method.

sandor356

support center question.

since my x button and y button are interconnected i want to send it back for repair. i filled out on of those tickets in the support center but no one has gotten back to me. how does that ticket system work? I know theres a 90 day warrenty, but alot good that does if theres no way to send it back so they can fix it. I mean really, this website doesnt even have a phone number. Just a little sketchy...

Ben

Re: support center question.

They have to respond to around 50+ Support tickets a day so it takes them a while to get through them. Give it a few more days.

Krier023

Useful Poster
You can buy the screwdriver pretty much everywhere you look. it is a torx t8 security screw driver. look around ebay they will definitely have it, but most places like home depot should have it too

sandor356

shipping back for repair

tech support has responded to my ticket. they said to leave a short note in the box with my return address. i was wondering if i had to supply the box or if they send me one? And if so do i have to pay for shipping?