Tech question about altering Hammer

G

I wanted to paint the shell on my Hammer but I don't want to be without if during the process. Is it possible for me to paint the shell of another controller and when it's done move the boards and stuff from the Hammer shell into my other shell? Are all shells exactly the same? Can a CG board fit in a shell that previously held a Matrix board? Is there anything to consider when moving the extra viking parts that are installed? Any advice would be great. Thanx.

IrishStyle

BrianK said:
I wanted to paint the shell on my Hammer but I don't want to be without if during the process. Is it possible for me to paint the shell of another controller and when it's done move the boards and stuff from the Hammer shell into my other shell? Are all shells exactly the same? Can a CG board fit in a shell that previously held a Matrix board? Is there anything to consider when moving the extra viking parts that are installed? Any advice would be great. Thanx.

That is fine....The controller shell is the same for a matrix as it is a CG.....Just be careful when swapping the shells as to not pinch any wires or disconnect any of them from your PCB.

odingalt

Staff member
If it's a hammer with the modify PnC port option, swapping cases is pretty easy.

If it's a hammer with the 3.5mm jack option, the 3.5mm jack is actually glued into the shell. So transferring can be a bit tricky, you'll need to scrape away the glue but without damaging the wires soldered onto the jack, to get the 3.5mm jack out, then drill a new hole in your other shell and re-install the jack with hot glue. Alternately you could see if Chris at east-seattle-electronics.com could help you out with your project

E