Thor's hammer problems

tn102

I bought a Thor's hammer a little under one year ago, and it seems the battery drains when it is off, or something like that. I bought it with the extra 3.5mm jack, so I could use the play and charge function. Now, every-time I turn it on, the lights are very dim, and I have to plug it in. I then let it charge while playing, until the charge light on the cord turns green, where I can unhook it and it is fine, and the lights are bright, but not as bright as hooked in. Once I shut it off and let it sit for a while, when I go to turn it back on,the lights are dim again. Sometimes it is so dim that the 4th player light won't even light up to show what mode it is in. It don't take long for it to say it is charged, so I'm not sure the battery is draining, or if there is a problem with the controller.

LoveKillzSlowly

Looks like you need to replace the battery pack, same thing has happen to me in the past, buying a new battery did the trick. Also note that if you unplug the cable while it's charging and plug it back in, it might show as battery full when it really isn't after a minute or two.

Fredrow

IrishStyle said:
Fredrow said:
Well just so people know the re-charge packs from M$ only put out 2.4 to 2.6 volts.

Dude I said this last year and no one believed me lol

I know I remember that............ Funny how no-one can read anymore these day's!!!!

tn102 said:
I bought a Thor's hammer a little under one year ago, and it seems the battery drains when it is off, or something like that. I bought it with the extra 3.5mm jack, so I could use the play and charge function. Now, every-time I turn it on, the lights are very dim, and I have to plug it in. I then let it charge while playing, until the charge light on the cord turns green, where I can unhook it and it is fine, and the lights are bright, but not as bright as hooked in. Once I shut it off and let it sit for a while, when I go to turn it back on,the lights are dim again. Sometimes it is so dim that the 4th player light won't even light up to show what mode it is in. It don't take long for it to say it is charged, so I'm not sure the battery is draining, or if there is a problem with the controller.

Hey you want to know something funny? Any electronics device that uses batteries, and you have the device turned off. Well your batteries are always going to slowly drain.... "You can write that one down"

Also the reason why your LED's get so bright when you have your controller plugged into your Xbox using the PnC cable; is because your plugged into an USB socket which puts out 5V, so you have 5V going to your controller!!!

tn102

Fredrow said:
IrishStyle said:
Fredrow said:

Hey you want to know something funny? Any electronics device that uses batteries, and you have the device turned off. Well your batteries are always going to slowly drain.... "You can write that one down"

Also the reason why your LED's get so bright when you have your controller plugged into your Xbox using the PnC cable; is because your plugged into an USB socket which puts out 5V, so you have 5V going to your controller!!!

it was draining faster and faster when off, and the difference between the brightness when plugged in vs when it was not was getting worse too (it kept getting dimmer and dimmer when not compared to when it was plugged in).

I bought a new one and its back to normal, except now the forth light does not light up at all. I put the old one back in and the same thing, and now the old one holds a charge as long as the new one.

odingalt

Staff member
Sounds like LED4 failed and could have been draining the power more quickly while it was failing? Fresh battery pack provided enough power to finally burn LED4 out completely? Once it burns clear it would stop drawing extra power (if that is what was going on). Could have been overloading that older battery pack whereas the new battery pack was just like YOU WANT POWER? I'LL GIVE YOU POWER lol.

Now that the electrical fault in LED4 is gone/burned clear, the old battery pack isn't being stressed as much and probably behaves more like a new pack now.

This is all voodoo. In any case it sounds like need to replace the LED in player 4. It doesn't sound like a loose or shorted wire as much as just plain old LED burned out.

odingalt

Staff member
Last dumb question did you buy it direct from viking360? If you pm me your transaction id or the last name you used on your order, even if you're way out of warranty, so long as you bought it from us we'll replace the bad blue LED for you if you're willing to pick up the shipping cost? Shoot me a PM.

xTH3xD1NGOx

I'm having issues with my cod 5 preset everything works on it except the three and five round burst modes.
whenever i hold the trigger down it only fires one shot and this is the only preset that does this none of the other ones do and this is the only problem i have with it. PLZ HELP :oops: AND I HAVE THE 3.5 MM JACK

IrishStyle

xTH3xD1NGOx said:
I'm having issues with my cod 5 preset everything works on it except the three and five round burst modes.
whenever i hold the trigger down it only fires one shot and this is the only preset that does this none of the other ones do and this is the only problem i have with it. PLZ HELP :oops: AND I HAVE THE 3.5 MM JACK

DO NOT start hijacking other peoples threads!!!!!