Thor's hammer questions/problem (newbie)

Zemnore

Well, i just received the controller today and noticed a few things..

1.How the **** do you sync the controller to your xbox. I tried doing it as i do with a regular controller but it doesn't work. ( i have no drivers installed if that might help )

2. My labtop won't recognize the controller, it started downloading the driverstuff but it had 1 error that had something to do with the HID Bootloader or somethin like that.

3. Is it normal to see wires when you open the battery pack?

That's all.. any help would be appreciated.

Awfulz

1) You need drivers installed for everything the sync button to work properly (since you use the sync to switch threw modes), I thinks.. I'm not sure.

2) The controller has to be in Bootloader mode, that looks like the problem you're having. Hold the sync button and press the guide button while your controller is hooked up to your computer. Although, I find it easier to hold the right tac switch (your sync button), and put the battery pack in (after being out)

3) It is normal, if you didn't buy the 3.5mm jack (I think)

Hope I helped, this is just from what I read around.

Krier023

Useful Poster
1.You sync it to your xbox like regular controller. you turn on your xbox and turn on your controller. then hold the sync button on the controller and tap the sync button on the xbox and it should sync up. If that doesnt work try using your pnc cable plugged to the xbox and controller and turn it on.

2.If you have a hammer. to put it into bootloader mode turn the controller off. hold sync down while turning the controller on, and player 3 and 4 led should go out. then plug into your computer and it should ding like you plugged something in. and you should have hidbootloader open

3.Yes. there are just wires going everywhere so that is just a place to rout them

Zemnore

Well, i solved number 2... but number 1 is still a problem. It is not syncing what so ever. The player 4 LED stays on while the 3 others flash.

Krier023

Useful Poster
lol getem fredrow. but yeah syncing to your xbox should be no different than regular. and player 4 led is on because you are pressing the sync button and it is changing modes

Awfulz

Hold the sync button on your Xbox until LEDs go around in a circle, then hold the sync button on your controller until it syncs. Treat it like a normal controller. Once it's synced, TAP the sync button to switch threw modes (unless user-programmed otherwise).

Zemnore

Okay, just so you can stop posting the obvious and just admit that they gave me a defective controller... i'll list all the steps i have performed.

I have downloaded the drivers, trying both the custom one and the pre set ones.

I changed my batteries

I pressed sync after turning it on with the Guide button

I pressed sync after turning my controller on with the start button.

I pressed sync. it didn't even do anything.

I pressed sync while it was turned on... even more flashing lights.

I tried using it while it was plugged in to my computer.

I held sync while it was on..

I pressed buttons while holding sync.

I pressed sync on the xbox.

i pressed sync on the xbox and controller.

what more do you want from me!?

modded matt

If using hdmi you must turn the tv on for the controller to sinc. no BS make sure you can see the dash, then sinc the controller like normal, turn controller on, if player three or four leds are on, press the corrisponding button to turn it off, then sinc it up.

99.9% of the time when people make these statments as you have, its because they are not smart enough to follow the directions