Tritton Headset Help

Toymachine363

Ok well i had a Tritton AX180 headset (broken now... well not broken just malfunctioning. being replaced soon with AX720) and as soon as i got it, i noticed it didn't work with my brand new controller! i was attempting to clean out my old controller that came with my xbox when i bought it from my friend, so the shell and everything was off it. just to test... i plugged the mic into the motherboard of the old controller... and it worked! i was surprised and i wondered what the problem was... controller or headset? i returned the new controller.... 3 times. every time with the same result. i didn't know what to problem was. does anyone have any idea if the tritton AX180 OR AX720 work with the Thor's Hammer? please i really need some help here. i don't want to spend $140 on a controller that i cant even use my gaming headset with.

odingalt

Staff member
Wait, you couldn't get the headset to work with stock controllers from a local retail store, so you returned it, and it didn't work again, and you had to make 3 returns before getting a controller that worked with the triton headset?

Or you have a viking controller and had to send it in three times (I looked in the ticket database but couldn't find a matching problem)

E

tigrau69

All help i can give you is that my Tritton AX Pro works perfect with my Raven. so it should also work with your hammer.

odingalt

Staff member
I guess I would be cautious right now. If retailers are selling controllers that don't work with the Tritton... we buy our controllers from major retailers like Best Buy, and some major distributors (secret :) ),we've bought from Walmart on-line a few rare times when we were in a pinch.

But anyway back to the point, if your headset is not working with brand spanking new retail controllers, it makes me worry that it might not work with certain Viking modified controllers. tigrau69 maybe you just got lucky and got one that worked?

Either that or maybe Toymachine363 has a faulty Tritton headset that only works with certain controllers. In any case I'll keep watching this thread for any more info that folks might have available.

tigrau69

well it seems pretty weird that a controller will work with the normal xbox headset and not with a Tritton or any other headset. the only line going into your controller is for the mic. so that should work no matter wwhat headset you use.

what i can say is that you should try another cable between the headset and controller. the cable provided by tritton is shitty, i have the one that is curled up like a old housephone wire. the problem is in the connection points of the tritton, it's not very good. i've had the problem a few times that it didn.t work, this with a stock mycrosoft controller. so sometimes my friends couldn't hear me anymore, if i then pull out the jackplug and put it back in the problem was solved. also my mic wan't working and since i got a new one i've had no problems with that.

i you can specify for me what you mean with "it didn't work"

so tell what's not working because i allready had some shit with the headset so maybe i can help.

Toymachine363

ok well it took me three tries to get a controller from walmart that worked with it inad no ne of them did so i just switched the shell from my old controller with the controller i was gonna return (sneaky). so i just decided to use the controller that worked with it. then my tritton crapped out on me so a lot of the time, people cant hear me and it buzzes and makes random noises that my friends can hear but i cant. can tigrau69 u please tell me where u got the cable to go to ur controller? maybe the problerm is in the cable and if a get a different one it will work better. However, i did have a 2 year protection plan on the tritton so i called up like 3 weeks ago but the refund gift card hasnt came in yet... i mightve just had a faulty headset. i honestly dont know when im going to get the gift card tho because its been a while. i wasnt told to ship the headset back to Best buy first so i didnt thinbk i had to. i will call soon though to see what the deal is. thank you for the help everyone and tigrau69 can you please tell me where you purchased/found the cable that went from ur tritton to the controller. i am getting the AX pro tritton when i can order it again. oh and i just remembered something. i dont think the problem was in the cable because i used the headset to skyped with a friend at one point and the mic went out just like it did on XBL so i was forced to use my crappy built in mic. but i still would like a different cable because the one it comes with annoys me and always comes out of place and it gives static and disconnects if its twisted wrong.

tigrau69

okay, so the problem seems to be your mic.

so i have the AX Pro old versions, these come with a none flexible mic. this mic breaks easy and tritton knows this. in the new versions they have a new mic, this is a flexible one wich is way better and i haven't had any problems since then.

the cable i use is the stock one. like is said the connection points aren't very good and seem just a little too big for the jack-plug. what i did, i got the jack plug and bended the tip a little bit zo that it sits firmer. you could also try to put a little bit of tape around the base of the tip, this so that it sit firmer in the connectionpoint.

what you should do is just go by some tritton retailers, they have spare mic's and cables. i got my new mic for free whitout showing any warranty bill. just turned in my broken mic and got a new one.

Toymachine363

tigrau69 said:
okay, so the problem seems to be your mic.

so i have the AX Pro old versions, these come with a none flexible mic. this mic breaks easy and tritton knows this. in the new versions they have a new mic, this is a flexible one wich is way better and i haven't had any problems since then.

the cable i use is the stock one. like is said the connection points aren't very good and seem just a little too big for the jack-plug. what i did, i got the jack plug and bended the tip a little bit zo that it sits firmer. you could also try to put a little bit of tape around the base of the tip, this so that it sit firmer in the connectionpoint.

what you should do is just go by some tritton retailers, they have spare mic's and cables. i got my new mic for free whitout showing any warranty bill. just turned in my broken mic and got a new one.
well the thing is that ill be in the middle of talking then the mic will stop picking up the sound and itll buzz to my friends or whatever. the sounds my friends complain about can be fixed by just muting my mic but they usually come back after i unmute it. then sometimes it only picks up a small fraction of what i say. i fix this by disconnecting all the wire. such as, i pull out the tritton modula to xbox live cable out, unplus the headset from the module, switch the mic to off, and switch the setting to ps3. usually that fixes it for a while but i find the longer it has been the less well it works. but i am getting a gift card from best buy for the money i spent on the ax 180 and using it to buy the AX720. i really hope the 720 works with my hammer and if it doesnt i dont kbnow what to do.... and on the site (trittontechnologies.com) i dont see any different type of cable that goes from controller -> module. hmmm..

tigrau69

yes, the second pic is the able i have, the first pic is the cable you'll get. the cable i have is crap, it's heavy and annoying. the other one from the first pic seems better.

i really think your problem is the mic that's broken.