USB port not Recgonizing Device

Twestfall08

I went to reprogram my DUO. I put it in bootloader mode (both Player 1 and 2 LED lights are flashing). I then place my 3.5mm Jack in my controller and PC and it USB Device Not Recognized on my Task bar and It saying Viking not detected on the HIDBootloader.exe. Ive spent a good 2 hrs on this and still can not get it to work. I am running a Legit copy of Windows 7.

40_ounce

Take out the battery then replace. Also you can try running in xp compatibility mode. Or try installing the latest .net framework. Windows 7 should already have that.

M1A1xVIKINGxFTW

try this take your batteries out and plug the usb in then put the batteries in and as you put the batteries in hold the guide and right tac button

Fredrow

Twestfall08 said:
I went to reprogram my DUO. I put it in bootloader mode (both Player 1 and 2 LED lights are flashing). I then place my 3.5mm Jack in my controller and PC and it USB Device Not Recognized on my Task bar and It saying Viking not detected on the HIDBootloader.exe. Ive spent a good 2 hrs on this and still can not get it to work. I am running a Legit copy of Windows 7.

Are you working from an actual desktop PC, or a laptop?

M1A1xVIKINGxFTW

Fredrow said:
Twestfall08 said:

that shouldnt really matter because i have done programing on a desktop and laptop....BUT maybe you know something i don't.

Fredrow

M1A1xVIKINGxFTW said:
Fredrow said:
Twestfall08 said:

that shouldnt really matter because i have done programing on a desktop and laptop....BUT maybe you know something i don't.

Well if he is using a Desktop I was going to ask him if he is using his USB ports in the front or the ports in the back. Because on my PC I am also running Windows 7 and I use to get the same error message as he is getting. Sometimes I would get it and sometimes it would work, now that was all through the front USB ports. Then I started to use the ports on the back of the PC and I haven't had any problems since.......

But now thinking about it, if this guy spent 2 hours trying to get him controller to SYNC up with his computer, then I'm sure he already tried this theory out..... I would think so!!!!!

Night

My controller does the same on windows 7 been trying to figure out why for the last 4 months of having my controller

odingalt

Staff member
Always worth checking on a non-windows 7 PC (so you know whether or not the controller is just broked, or if it's a windows 7 problem).

The usual tips are

Disable the UAC.
Turn off the virus scanner.
Install the latest .net framework 4.0 or newer.
Try the USB ports on the back/front/side of your computer.
Use fresshhhhh batteries (low battery does not have enough power the USB, low batt can be 2.2-2.3V, USB requires more than that) Your mod might work fine but the USB won't, this is from batt's.
Don't pirate Windows 7 (not your problem in this case)
Be sure to run Windows Update and take all those Microsoft patches... they fix lots of weird issues...
Uninstall any other USB device software, especially software related to CELL PHONES! (no shit this has been an issue for several users)
Take the latest bios/firmware upgrade available for your motherboard

Again I would try on a different PC first to make sure the controller is actually working, if it is working, well then you've got your hands full of things to try.