USB to 3.5mm adaptor

OHxSOOOxJAZZY

I have a friend that has a usb port in the deck of his car,
I was wondering if I plugged the USB into it and then plugged the 3.5mm jack into my Zune headphone spot,

Would the music play?

PS3andCOD

Contributor
Those are usually designed for Ipods. Why not just try it out? Or maybe try pluging the data cable like for the computer in?

OHxSOOOxJAZZY

PS3andCOD said:
Those are usually designed for Ipods. Why not just try it out? Or maybe try pluging the data cable like for the computer in?

His deck doesn't read my Zune cable, that's why I was wondering If I just used the cable it'd work.
and I'd try it but I'm not with him enough to try it, It was just a question that's been in my head and thought I'd ask the site where the cable came from haha

PS3andCOD

Contributor
It might not work with anything but Ipods. I beleive that the headphone jack puts out analog, and a USB is digital, so it wouldn't work if I am right on the analog part.

Krier023

Useful Poster
no it doesnt work. my bros got a usb in his car too and i tried plugging in my sandisk sansa and the music didnt play. I think that the ipod cable to plug into the computer might work though since it goes to the actual ipod not just the headphone jack

Fredrow

My head-unit has the same USB slot, and it says its for a iPOD. But I decided to try just a normal 1G thumb-drive. Well it worked.

Here is the reason why your Zune will not work, it's because I'm guessing that the music on your Zune is .wma format. You should try and install something that has either the .mp3 or .wav format. Because that just might work....

Krier023

Useful Poster
yeah flash drives will work on the usb. a lot of radios are going to usb because i guess on a usb stick you can download to different sound forms(besides mp3) and i guess they have better quality