Viking-A now over priced rapid fire controller

BradT25

The concept I never paying for an update, is now just water under the bridge. With the release of BOPS the quickscope driver doesn't work fast reload is ineffective, and the only thing that is slightly useful is, sniper mode and various rapid fire speeds. All of which is achievable with some simple asm on a 12f683. In regards to the macro pad, who honestly cares about turbo knife and other button manipulations. Gotta and it to ya's though, marketing your product based on wow! factor rather than usefulness has really paid dividends for you. Well Done

obo

some glitches may be patched, but that's the beauty of the viking. With Evil's "TOP CONTROLLER" when patches hit, stuff just stops working. Eventually you have a ton of useless glitches that you have to scroll through everytime you want to get to the glitch/rapidfire you want.

With viking, you can just delete them until a new one comes out, saving you time in-game.

odingalt

Staff member
BradT25 said:
The concept I never paying for an update, is now just water under the bridge.

Viking360 is still not charging a dime for software updates.... the only other USB-upgradable controller on the market is from GamerModz, and it does not offer anything other than dual trigger rapidfire... They charge $99 per controller plus $29 for each rapidfire speed last time I checked. Especially if you bought the Viking purple DIY kit for $40 - there's absolutely nothing out there available that comes with as much free software as the Viking kit.

BradT25 said:
With the release of BOPS the quickscope driver doesn't work fast reload is ineffective, and the only thing that is slightly useful is, sniper mode and various rapid fire speeds.

And jitter mod, and akimbo mod, and perfect active reloads for GOW, and 3-round and 5-round burst mode, and the WWE smackdown turbobuttons driver, and user-programmable rapidfire speed settings through a PC interface instead of a clumsy 'up/down' interface using the LED's and triggers, and a custom driver editor so you can get only the speeds and features YOU want.... legacy Viking controllers, including the Thor's Hammer which some of you purchased for as little as $119USD, still beats the sh1t out of every other modded controller available on the planet, with the exception of the Viking360 macro controller.

Please, stop being so overly dramatic...

BradT25 said:
In regards to the macro pad, who honestly cares about turbo knife and other button manipulations.
Gotta and it to ya's though, marketing your product based on wow! factor rather than usefulness has really paid dividends for you. Well Done

The 650+ customers that have purchased the macro controller 'honestly care'.

BradT25 said:
All of which is achievable with some simple asm on a 12f683.

Brad, PIC12F683 doesn't have USB and it doesn't have sufficient I/O pins to connect to enough buttons to offer all the features of the Thor's Hammer or Odin's Raven. PIC12F683 only has 8 pins which means it only has 6 I/O. The Thor's Hammer PIC18 chip has both USB and 20 pins total - or 17 I/O pins and one input-only pin. PIC12F683 only has 3.5kB of program memory space. The Thor's Hammer PIC18 chip has 16kB. PIC12F683 is simply incapable of reproducing what the Viking can do.

Here's a challenge, if you can make a USB-capable mod, with a Windows-based customizable driver creator, for the PIC12F683 platform written in .ASM, I'll pay you $1,000. And since it's so simple, you should have no problem providing that to us by say... 2.27.2011? This is a no-bullsh1t offer. If it's so easy, you deliver this project to me by next week, and I'll pay you $1,000 in cold hard cash. Time to put the money where your mouth is, son.