Warning for those who assume ps4 ragnorok is like the ps3 usb ragnorok

pepsi

I made that assumption and was sadly let down when I got the ragnorok ps4 today, the whole reason I bought it vs competitors was that I assumed I could just plug it in computer and put number easy like I did on ps3; nope, with this controller you have to manually change each mod # (1-10) using the controller which takes 10 times longer if your someone like me who likes to test 6-50sps for semi auto weapons to get the best one. I know there were no refunds when I ordered, so just didnt want someone to be dissapointed like I was. Was my own fault for assuming. Kind of like one would assume ps4 would be able to play ps3 games just like the ps3 played ps1 ps2 games lol.
Does anyone know when they are coming out with usb support or even better the berserker macro for ps4? I would love to be able to send this controller to get upgraded and pay the upgrade fee for either. Thanks

odingalt

Staff member
Hi pepsi

Thanks for your post. The original plan was to just sell Berserkers on the new consoles and nothing else. (And not sell Ragnaroks at all). However, the last 18 months were really rough for the whole modded controller industry. To help keep the business afloat, we ended up selling non-USB Ragnaroks for PS4 and XBOX One. Eventually those Ragnaroks for PS4 and XBOX One will be retired and we will only sell Berserkers.

Our business can't stay profitable if we are only selling USB Ragnaroks. In general customers, in the industry don't understand how much easier it is to reprogram their mods with USB. When they are shopping and comparing our company to other companies, they just don't see or understand the value in the USB. Our XBOX 360 USB Ragnarok is priced at $99 which is fantastic value compared to the major competitors. It's that old problem - if we put our money into USB firmware updates and our competitors put their money into advertising, who books more sales? The answer is, our competitors do.

We do stand a chance of staying profitable if we just focus on Berserkers and finish the improvements to the Viking Forge. We serve a nice niche of well educated customers with our Macro and Berserker controllers. Hoping to get on the PS4 Berserker next year. Plus, Berserkers in the long run are much easier to keep "updated" with updates. USB Ragnarok updating requires hardcoding in C programming language. Berserker updating just requires anyone who can learn the timeline editor software.

odingalt

Staff member
As a note to anyone reading, non-USB Ragnarok does everything that USB Ragnarok does. It's still fully programmable. The beauty of the USB version however is that you can reprogram it very quickly using an app for Windows. With the non-USB, all the programming has to be done through button presses which is more time consuming.

However it's very important to note that this is the same exact way that every other major competitor's mod has to be programmed, through button presses.

pepsi

I understand, its a real shame. And the non usb way limits to 00.0 instead of 00.00, 14.28 and 16.67 were perfect, for some reason 16.6 or 16.7 just isnt the same, seems to be some magic in those numbers as far as a good universal sps, at least in my experience. If u know anyway to make my ps4 rag do 16.67 let me know plz

bonefisher

I understand, its a real shame. And the non usb way limits to 00.0 instead of 00.00, 14.28 and 16.67 were perfect, for some reason 16.6 or 16.7 just isnt the same, seems to be some magic in those numbers as far as a good universal sps, at least in my experience. If u know anyway to make my ps4 rag do 16.67 let me know plz
For the 16.67 adjust speed to 25.o and let me know how that works for you... for the 14.28 adjust to 21.4 which is close... tell me how things work out.

pepsi

Tried 25 sps before on it, advanced warfare mk14 isnt a BO2 fal or smr so hard to say if its truly equal to 16.67 or not, but in terms of how the 16.67 was flawless for both fal and smr its not a 16.67 in terms of performance, makes mk14 skip in ads and hip fire. the 21.4 same as 25 in terms of performance for mk14, too much skipping to be viable; though slightly less skipping than 25sps.

bonefisher

Try 17.5 to see if it works for you if your playing Advanced Warfare.

Last edited by a moderator: