Where do you install USB Jack on Dualshock3?

IOsystems

Hi,

I was wondering about best place to install the USB Jack an a PS3-Controller. I found four places with enough space inside, now I'm wondering where you guys install it?

PS3_cont.jpg

I think #1 is maybe standart, but too close to the modswitch in my opinion. #2 would be nice, same direction as build in USB jack. My favorite is #3 but I'm not 100% sure it fits there (altough i think it should, will try it later...). Finally #4 should also be possible, but it will be a pain in the *** to make sure cables don't crash with the motor (you can fix them behind motor, but...)
or do You maybe use the build in USB Jack in combination with a switch?

odingalt

Staff member
Very interesting. Thanks for sharing your DIY project here, if you do any other projects in the future (Viking or not) come show them off!

WHITE 4ND N3RDY

ModdingBros Representative
Very nice Matt. I think id have a seizer starring at those leds in strobe mod lol. Thats real clean looking work. I never really got into the LED mods beside the rings because for me its just too much work. I like the multi color led sequences. Question? Did u use your 12f683 opensourse led flash hex for those custom LEDs? I have thought about trying out the led opensouse codes u have in your Acidmods forums and i was just curious if those leds u put in that controller run off that opensourse hex file?

modded matt

That particular mod was built for a customer. It is the Godfather 53 mode mod with the 7 led option. it comes in blue, white, and red. the mod was designed by the same people who built instafire and the design was sold to gamingmodz.com (instafire was sold to BGmods.com)

Matt do they sell that godfather chip for DIY?

also I noticed that modchip has a canceler for Jiitter when scoped in? Any chance I could pay you $10-15 to make me a XYY Medium Jitter that cancels while scoped in?

Last edited:

modded matt

They do not sell it as a DYI. They cannot sell a DYI chip due to the lockout feature. in the video I posted it has the instruction sheet showing all the power packs. every power pack is in the code, but they have to be unlocked. At first start up, it runs a button test code then you have to press a secret button combo to unlock each pack. each pack costs an additional 10. I can sell you one preinstalled for $100 without the LED but fully unlocked. the LED adds another $50. I still personally recommend viking.

dosnt the ragnarok have this feature?

Last edited:

WHITE 4ND N3RDY

Hey slicktrick u should look into the ragnarok DIY chips. It also has zoom in jitter canclers and like 8 jitter settings and its always updateible for future games. If your serious u should contact Matt and he can make u the sickest custom ragnarok around. Honestly I use my ragnarok more than my macro. It can't do everything the macro can, but the plus side is the simplisity of running all mods through the triggers and being able to quickly access and change mods on the fly make it a favorite for me. U wont be dissapointed in it trust me.

Last edited:
Ya Matt pretty sure the ragnarok does have that mod, but I have the macro...are the macro and ragnarok files the same ? Like if I could maybe as Odin he could send me the ragnarok jitter with canceler?

I thought that mod chip was pretty cool, I wasn't trying to take anything away from viking by asking about it. But I have been out of a controller for a long time, so while my macro is getting fixed I have been thinking about doing a DIY install, I know nothing about circuit boards but can soldier easily. Like nerdy said I like how convenient the ragnarok setup is...

modded matt

no, there is no "If" variable in the macro coding. I cant tell the macro if the left trigger is pressed, dont jitter. So there are limitations to each controller type.

WHITE 4ND N3RDY

I understand... So the the ragnarok has a option to cancel a macro if the selected button is pressed.
There are no macro funtions at all in the ragnarok. Almost all mods are incorperated through the triggers and the X button. There are 8 jitter settings medium and fast, XYY, method and YY method and each method has a ssecondary where u can have the LT (when aimed in) cancler where it wont jitter. All the Quickscopes RF dropshots akimbo modes are incorperated through LT & RT pulls. U can run multiple mods through the RT and LT. This is something the macro can not do. The active reloads and fast reloads work throuh the X button. Its actually very simplistic thats why i love the ragnarok. Its very easy to switch up mods very fast on the fly and u can even manually reprogram all the settings on the fly (rate of fire/reloads/quickscopes/active reloads ect.) Its really a great controller. The macro is far superior to the ragnarok but the ragnarok has some funtions the the macro can just not duplicate.