Why are you so against us that have a broken thumb stick

40_ounce

Ok so I'm one of the few that have a broken thumb stick but a perfectly working Viking Chip. Why can't I send in the chip and a controller for an install? Of corse I will pay for the install.......... i don't understand why you will not help me. I can't afford another $200.00 controller right not but I do have an extra controller that I can send in. Please help me out here.

Krier023

Useful Poster
You can either open a support ticket for odingalt or contact fredrow at his website. im sure one of them will do it, but it isnt an easy task because the thumbstick is under the viking chip so all the wires have to be unsoldered and the thumbstick needs unsoldered and then everything needs resoldered. its a very time consuming job

40_ounce

I already did that and I will not send in my controller to fredrow. Personal reasons. Also you misunderstood my post.... I don't want the thumbstick replaced i want to send in the chip to be installed in a new controller.

40_ounce

Oh well then I guess I'm suck with a chip. i'm trying to sell it but most people can't solder this thing or the diy kit woul be selling like crazy. i just really don't understand When i bought the chip I bought it as a diy kit when I got it I realized It was to advanced for me to install and I sent the chip back with my controller and someone installed it for me. I was use to the old school chips...lol... Fredrow wants to charge $80.00 for the install I feel like thats way to much. But I guesss thats my only choice.

a42ozslushie

He charged around that price for me so I just went with the flow. So like $50 labor and $30 chip. That is a so-so compromise :)

PS3andCOD

Contributor
If you are sending in the controller and the chip you would probably get a discount, asuming that you have the chip unattatched from the old controller, otherwise it's more work.

Fredrow

I feel my prices are fair. This install is not an easy thing to do, hence you have already found that out the hard way.
Plus I have more to do then just installing the chips. My time is not free, takes time going to the post office, buying parts, webpage fee's, there are so many other factors that play into the prices I have set.

IrishStyle

So what's the deal, you have an unistalled chip and a spare controller? Fredrow's price is reasonable. I could see him asking more if he had to desolder the old chip and do a fresh install.

Fredrow

Another thing to add about this. The reason why I was going to charge the full price for the mail-in service even though he already owns the Viking chip, (which by the way he bought as a DIY kit) because I was going to have to use a brand new chip anyways. He told me that he bought his DIY kit when we first came on the scene. Which means that it is the V.1 Viking360 chip which is connected to the old school USB key. Well if anyone knows that chip is way harder to install than our new V.2 Viking360 chip.

40_ounce

Thanks for all the responses guys I thought about it and I am going to send it in to Fredrow. I guess I was a little frustrated at myself not anyone on this forum. Thanks Fredrow for your responses I appreciate it. I hope you don't mind me sending in the chip and controller. Again This was nothing against the people at Viking so sorry if it sounded like I was upset or disrespectfull. Still a very happy customer. :mrgreen:

zackwg23

See this is why the community here is so great, someone starts out unhappy seemingly complaining,

Followed by good friendly responses solving the problem and even giving him something extra for free,

Gotta love the V360 community :D

a42ozslushie

zackwg23 said:
See this is why the community here is so great, someone starts out unhappy seemingly complaining,

Followed by good friendly responses solving the problem and even giving him something extra for free,

Amen

M1A1xVIKINGxFTW

zackwg23 said:

hi im from evil controllers ....350 for master mod...90 day limited warranty...if it breaks your done. :D

viking360fan

M1A1xVIKINGxFTW said:
zackwg23 said:

hi im from evil controllers ....350 for master mod...90 day limited warranty...if it breaks your done. :D
<3 u m1a1