Why no DIY kits?

thejld

Why are there going to be no DIY kits? Im just kinda wondering why not because it seemed like it would be cheaper and be an adventure to make one of these instead of buying one from youall, again im kind of just wondering why?

Ben

Simply because this is a business and they need to re-coop the costs of this new controller and DIY kits don't generate as much income as Pre-modded controllers do.

M1A1xVIKINGxFTW

and just a guess but because this is the only controller like it i could see other modshops buying chips and calling them there own

Ben

That won't happen will it? lol all the software is copyrighted to stop them using it so they will end up with a hefty court case if they tried to..

M1A1xVIKINGxFTW

Ben. said:
That won't happen will it? lol all the software is copyrighted to stop them using it so they will end up with a hefty court case if they tried to..
i know a company that steals rapidfiremods.com chips and sells them as there own

Ben

but this is completely different as these chips are 1000% more complex then a simple 12f683 pic.

odingalt

Staff member
We are keeping a monopoly on this new macro modchip at Viking360.com. Ben is correct: it's all about the money. We have over $100,000 invested in the new modchip project, and we need to sell a large number of controllers before we break even on our investment. (That $100,000+ figure doesn't even include the cost of the controllers and custom shells). We are taking a huge financial risk in launching the product, website, and marketing campaign. Therefore, we will be the only ones to benefit monetarily from the sale of the new hardware.

odingalt

Staff member
I'm going to revisit the policy next Spring after the holiday sales are over and we've re-couped some costs but not making any promises at all at this time.

v360Reflex

odingalt said:
I'm going to revisit the policy next Spring after the holiday sales are over and we've re-couped some costs but not making any promises at all at this time.

i mean i completely understand why there is not a DIY i just cant wait till i get this new Mod for X-mas will there be low price sales on X-mas for the New Mod? not that it matters but just wondering.. because i think this controller is WORTH $200.00 and also i hope there is new Limited Additions come x-mas! :D

modded matt

another main reason is that so many people had issues installing the purple chip, you will never get this install done correclty.