Will there be any of the new DIY xbox ragnarok chips?

WHITE 4ND N3RDY

ModdingBros Representative
I was hoping to find out if viking will start selling the new cg2 ragnarok chips as DIY. I have a couple of friends that want me to build them one if not ill just refer them to buy it for your web site. I don't really charge my friends to put chips in. I make them supply the controller and make them pay for what i payed for the chip then i make a barter deal with them like a future IOU. Any information on this subject id greatly appreciate. In fact I still have one Matrix 2 ragnarok chip out of the two I got cause its so hard to find a matrix 2 controller. Anyway for now ill probably refer them to the website and have them by direct from viking, that way they can at least get a limited warenty on the product, instead of bothering me in case something happens like a faulty wire or something.

odingalt

Staff member
Yes. In fact we have the modchips available. What we don't have is a modified Windows PC firmware updating program.

Let me explain. The Matrix2 version of the Ragnarok has different firmware in it than the CG2 version of the Ragnarok. But the firmware updating software needs to be updated so that when a Matrix2 customer connects his controller it won't let him brick his controller by trying to install CG2 firmware, and vice-versa. So it's funny, I'll spend more time editing and updating the firmware updating software, than I spent re-writing the firmware to work on CG2 :))

For that matter, I could sell you a couple of chips, but you wouldn't have access to any firmware updates until I finish updating the firmware updating software. You can still use the PC customizing software for setting speeds etc., the new CG2 modchip connects to that now and works great. Or you can program the speeds through button presses instead. The only thing missing right now on the new CG2 Ragnarok modchips is the firmware updating tool.

WHITE 4ND N3RDY

ModdingBros Representative
Sounds sweet odin good to hear! Ill probably hold off for now on the DIY's and just turn them on to vikingdigital.com :). I'm saving so i can buy another macro when they are back up for order. Id like to hold on to one for the future in case some unexpected thing happens after the warranty runs out or the controller wears out!