Windows 7 and Odin's Raven?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Awfulz

Where can I find a driver for the Odin's Raven in full (not the program driver), because Windows 7 doesn't recognize it as a recognizable USB device. Thx2myBFFJill

odingalt

Staff member
True Windows 7, or Windows 7 running on VMWARE or running on bootcamp on a mac or something like that?

Be sure you have .net framework installed, at least 2.0 or newer for the legacy drivers. There really are no drivers, the drivers are the .net framework package. The viking custom driver editor and the flashing tool both rely on the .net framework being there.

Awfulz

I just checked and it's still not working, it's not working on my friend's Windows 7 computer either. I have Network 4.0b, and it's Genuine Windows 7 Ultimate. Unfortunately I can't get it on a Windows XP or Vista computer anytime soon.

apcoop7

I have WIndows 7 Professional 64 bit. The viking software works just fine. I'm thinking the device won't show up on your list of external devices, but it will still work just fine with the bootloader.

odingalt

Staff member
Awfulz said:
Where can I find a driver for the Odin's Raven in full (not the program driver), because Windows 7 doesn't recognize it as a recognizable USB device. Thx2myBFFJill

Please tell me this is a real windows install and not a vmware or other virtual machine install on a linux or mac system...

obo

one thing you might want to check is the cable. My cable that i was using was faulty, and i didnt realise it until i tested another one. You might want to try using a different cable (a friend's ipod touch cable for example). It's a 3.5mm to a usb jack if you're curious.

I would strongly recommend borrowing one though, instead of buying a new one as this might not be the issue

odingalt

Staff member
There is no driver for windows for the legacy controllers. The modchip is a 'standard HID/USB device'. It is supported natively by windows going back to Windows 98. If you are getting USB not recognized errors, then there is a hardware issue. Be sure to use a fresh battery pack; be sure not to press any buttons on your controller as they may interfere with USB communication; be sure you are using a good cable. If all else fails you may need to send your controller in for repair. If you bought this third-party from someone, make sure they weren't trying to rip you off. If it was working before but suddenly isn't working now, try it on a friend's PC. Etc.

Awfulz

odingalt said:
Awfulz said:

Please tell me this is a real windows install and not a vmware or other virtual machine install on a linux or mac system...
This is a real windows 7 install, it came with my computer: "Genuine Windows 7 Ultimate (x86 bit)" registered. As for the cord, I just got done trying my iPod touch cord with no luck, along with my friend's vikings cord. I guess it's not that big of a deal because the only thing was added to the driver was Black Ops presets right? Well, there's only 1 semi-auto useful gun worth using. That is right though, right? No important update? Also; I bought the controller directly from you Odin, I believe back in May-July.

odingalt

Staff member
Sent you a PM. If you are willing to cover shipping costs I can have the shop staff diagnose your controller.

Status
Not open for further replies.