Winrar Issue

westuhorn

I downloaded the free version of winrar and placed on desktop but I do not see the Bootloader and Hex files in here when I open it.

Where are these files on the free version?

Do you have to have the pay version or does the trial work?

IrishStyle

You have to right click on the preset you downloaded and hit "Extract Files"....That will create another folder with the HID Loader and the hex in it.

westuhorn

I must be doing something wrong because after trying what you stated I still do not see these files anywhere..???

IrishStyle

westuhorn said:
I must be doing something wrong because after trying what you stated I still do not see these files anywhere..???

After you click "Extract Files" a popup window should appear showing the directory that its putting the new folder.....so either find out where its going or just set it to send the new folder to your desktop.

Xx Binno xX

Maybe its your web browser? I use firefox so when I downloand something its pops up in a download box and I just click on the download box and it opens in winrar. But when you download it you need to save it to your desktop and it should save in a winrar file and then extract the files to your desktop or into to a folder that you keep your viking stuff in.

westuhorn

Any chance you guys could just email me the files I need...I have winrar installed but cannot find the bootload file or hex file...I used firefox just for the record

IrishStyle

FF puts all your downloads in "Downloads" by default......so go to your documents and look on the left hand pane and you will see your downloads Folder.

IrishStyle

Then use your computers search option to locate it. For example I download 1-23-2010 Call Of Duty The Works and extract it , you will have a new folder named the same as the download. Inside that folder will be HID Loader and the HEX file.

Xx Binno xX

Did you get this resolved? if not here is one more thing that could help.
I'll tell you step by step to see if it helps.
1. go to download page.
2. download a preset.
3. it should be saved to your desktop unless you have a different location where you save it.
4. Open the file it should be in a winrar file. When you click on the file the icon looks like books.
5. highlight what you need and then click extract to desktop.
6.open the HID boot loader.
7. connect the controller.
8. click open hex file.
9. open the preset you want.
10. click program/verify.
11. reset the device and go play.
If this didn't work contact a Administrator to seek more help.

westuhorn

OK...Got the bootloader and hex file on my desktop..Just wondering if its normal that the hexfile cannot be opened by windows until you have gone through the bootloader steps with the controller.

I have not gone through the bootlaod steps yet with the controller just for the record.

I am assuming the hex file is readable once you have done the previous.

IrishStyle

westuhorn said:
OK...Got the bootloader and hex file on my desktop..Just wondering if its normal that the hexfile cannot be opened by windows until you have gone through the bootloader steps with the controller.

I have not gone through the bootlaod steps yet with the controller just for the record.

I am assuming the hex file is readable once you have done the previous.

Hex files can be opened with a hex editor or HID bootloader....your standard applications will not open it up....there is no need to open it with anything besides HID bootloader....so open up HID and go through the controller programming process.