wired controllers

BabyStalin

Does anyone know if you can use the viking 360 mod on a wired controller?
If so can you please give me the schematics on where to solder so i don't mess it up.
Your help is appreciated.

I just got this controller today brand new, if that will help you at all.

BabyStalin

just wondering but how would it not be compatible.
because i would be using all the same buttons that i would on the wireless controllers.

obo

baby

it has to do with the way the circuit board of the controller works.

The wireless controllers have a circuit board in them for which the viking360 chip was designed for.

However, the chip wasn't designed for the wired controllers, so it won't work

M1A1xVIKINGxFTW

obo said:
baby

it has to do with the way the circuit board of the controller works.

The wireless controllers have a circuit board in them for which the viking360 chip was designed for.

However, the chip wasn't designed for the wired controllers, so it won't work
hmmm....maybe it could work with a wired controller with 3.5 and odins raven setup?????

BabyStalin

I understand the pinouts would be different.
I have a multimeter that I have used to find several spots already.
And the soldering on this controller would be soooooo much easier because there is not as many traces and they have pads that i could solder onto.
Its almost as if they knew I wanted to mod a controller.

M1A1xVIKINGxFTW

BabyStalin said:
I understand the pinouts would be different.
I have a multimeter that I have used to find several spots already.
And the soldering on this controller would be soooooo much easier because there is not as many traces and they have pads that i could solder onto.
Its almost as if they knew I wanted to mod a controller.
go for it. if it breaks though its not viking360.com's fault or my fault.

Fredrow

This person does realize that the trigger pots are installed the same way on the wired controllers as they are on the matrix controllers.

modded matt

there is no logical reason this will not work as a hand install (just rapid fire) you will need to simulate a sinc button, and will have to use a 3.5 or usb (something extrernal) for programing. I have not reaserched the face buttons on a wired controller enough to tell you how to make them work, but I am sure it can be done. but the modified hand setup as I discribed above will work. In fact it will probably work better in a wired controller with a fully regulated power source.

Fredrow

I'm almost positive that the wired controllers can be made into the Tyr's Hand. But that's it, unless you added in extra parts like an OpAMP (to connect to the trigger pots.)