Worn buttons

John Webb

Question... I have the new Macro 360, in plain black, it has always performed perfectly, it's just that my sticks are worn and the action when you push the right stick doesn't always work. This is the knife in normal configuration on COD Black Ops. Also, my D-pad is badly worn, from gaming. It's the X-Box 360 parts that need replaced. All my tac switches work as new. Can I send it in for a, "tune up", to replace the worn X-Box controller parts? If so, what is the best way to go about doing so. I'm in no real hurry, MW3 doesn't come out until 11/8/2011. As long as it's back to me before that I would be alright. This is the best controller I have ever had the pleasure of using, and take great care not to damage it. I'm a forty year old Gamer, I play around Fourty hours a week, and nobody touches my controller but me. Let me know what it would cost me to replace the parts, and I would also be interested in a stylized shell replacement also. Thanks in advance for the information, and I look forward to doing business with Viking 360, once again. JPW KY REDNECK.

Ben

Viking360 won't do this for you. However you may want to contact Fredrow if your in the USA and he'll hook you up.

If your in Europe drop me a PM :)

Sgt Jax Mehoff

Useful Poster
John Webb said:
Question... I have the new Macro 360, in plain black, it has always performed perfectly, it's just that my sticks are worn and the action when you push the right stick doesn't always work. This is the knife in normal configuration on COD Black Ops. Also, my D-pad is badly worn, from gaming. It's the X-Box 360 parts that need replaced. All my tac switches work as new. Can I send it in for a, "tune up", to replace the worn X-Box controller parts? If so, what is the best way to go about doing so. I'm in no real hurry, MW3 doesn't come out until 11/8/2011. As long as it's back to me before that I would be alright. This is the best controller I have ever had the pleasure of using, and take great care not to damage it. I'm a forty year old Gamer, I play around Fourty hours a week, and nobody touches my controller but me. Let me know what it would cost me to replace the parts, and I would also be interested in a stylized shell replacement also. Thanks in advance for the information, and I look forward to doing business with Viking 360, once again. JPW KY REDNECK.

well if you want a styled shell why dont you wait till the new controller shells are for sale on the website and order one of them... that way you can have a controller that looks cool and for playing and you can fix the black one yourself if you know how (tampering with controller in any way voids your warranty).

NYjetsNY1

John Webb said:

Is this a macro controller or a legacy controller?

Do you have 6 tac switches or 2? When did you buy the controller?

odingalt

Staff member
I'm avert to trying to make repairs on a warn controller, but if anybody runs into this situation we could try to work out a discount if you want to become a repeat customer, or we can definitely get you a discount on any of the special edition shells as those are marked up. We're incredibly slow getting this new shell line-up hydro painted, it could take us another 2 months for them to hit the shelves :-( I can't wait, these new shells = 10x better than our current selection!!!!!! I'm going to contact a different hydro paint shop this week. The shop we were using does great quality but the lead times just keep getting longer and longer...

Xx Binno xX

odingalt said:
I'm avert to trying to make repairs on a warn controller, but if anybody runs into this situation we could try to work out a discount if you want to become a repeat customer, or we can definitely get you a discount on any of the special edition shells as those are marked up. We're incredibly slow getting this new shell line-up hydro painted, it could take us another 2 months for them to hit the shelves :-( I can't wait, these new shells = 10x better than our current selection!!!!!! I'm going to contact a different hydro paint shop this week. The shop we were using does great quality but the lead times just keep getting longer and longer...
I had 3 legacy controllers what kind of discount do i get lol just joking. But having a repair ticket for controllers would work well for the worn parts or maybe people having problems with sticking buttons or triggers. or people could want a shell change... idk just throwing out ideas.

odingalt

Staff member
You can always try submitting a ticket if the shop steward is having a good day they might quote the work, "I just work in engineering". We have a new guy started full time last Friday, eventually we are going to try to get him to take over the shop, maybe he will be o.k. with doing stick replacements.

John Webb

It is the new controller with 6 tac switches. Like I said, it's the D-pad, and the right stick when pushed, that are worn. Other than that it works great. To: Odingalt, you are on my X-Box friend list. My gamertag is JPW KY REDNECK, send me a private message, detailing a trade out, or the Discount you have in mind. I will have a perfectly working one, before MW3, November 8th. I think I wore out the D-pad, doing chip tricks, on X-Box Live Poker. Any how, I can't do without my V-360; Black Ops, MW2, you name the game, this controller rules them all. I just hate it when the right stick fails to knife, some noob, when I press it. I'm sure you understand. Happy Fraging... John Philip Webb

PS3andCOD

Contributor
What about a reduced price with the send in of an untampered with macro controller? The chip could be reused, that's a large portion of your cost.