xbox 360 elite Problem.

IrishStyle

Graphics failure. Time for a reflow of the cpu, gpu and the Hana/Ana chip. What you see now is the system getting to red ring. Since it's an elite I am sure its still under warranty by M$. I would suggest sending in for warranty, unless you modded it, in that case I would say fix it yourself.

Krier023

Useful Poster
Yeah thats what happened to mine. i turned it off to see if it would fix the problem and there was the rrod staring me in the face. but i sent mine into xbox and got it back 2 weeks from the day i sent it

Xx Binno xX

Well its an elite so it can't get the red ring, also my warranty is up. Thank you Irish. I'm just tell Microsoft that i have the red ring lol

IrishStyle

No worries binno....I know M$ extended their warranty to 3 years from Date of Manufacture. Just call them up and see what they say.

Xx Binno xX

Im call them right now and tell you what i here.
hey Irish I'm ask them my warranty on my xbox what if they tell me it expired? and i tell them i thought you extend the warranty for 3 years?
Nvm, I told M$ that i had e74n error. what they going to say? i don't have it? lol.

IrishStyle

That would suck if they sent it back lol.....They cover E74 and 3 red lights under extended warranty....The tech working on it will probably think the rep made a mistake when setting up the repair. I am sure you will get back a working Elite from them. Let us know how it works out.

obo

Just warning you... If your xbox has hdmi... It probly wont have it back when you get if returned.

Fredrow

XxbinnoxX said:
Well its an elite so it can't get the red ring, also my warranty is up. Thank you Irish. I'm just tell Microsoft that i have the red ring lol

Elite's still can get the RROD. Not sure why you think they can't.....

obo said:
Just warning you... If your xbox has hdmi... It probly wont have it back when you get if returned.

If that happened to you, then I would be calling M$ non-stop until they replaced it.

Also this would not happen to anyone who owned an Elite. I have mailed 4 of them back and each one came back with the hdmi plug......

obo

Fredrow said:
Also this would not happen to anyone who owned an Elite. I have mailed 4 of them back and each one came back with the hdmi plug......[/color]

yeah, its mostly just the white ones that it happens to. I've heard sooo many horror stories of this its not even funny, altho i never bought an hdmi one in the first place, so i really cant complain

Xx Binno xX

Fredrow micosoft said the elite is not supposed to get the red ring thats the only reason i said that and also I've done stuff i wasn't supposed to with my white xbox. lets keep it at that.

IrishStyle

Ya M$ may say they are not supposed to RROD, but the Elite is the same mobo and heatsinks as what they put into the standard Xbox's(Most of the time)especially when they are older.

obo

IrishStyle said:
Ya M$ may say they are not supposed to RROD, but the Elite is the same mobo and heatsinks as what they put into the standard Xbox's(Most of the time)especially when they are older.
nailed it there. All xbox's are gonna rrod. Its not if. its when. The only way to prevent it is to watercool it. And even still, some of those have rrod'ed

M1A1xVIKINGxFTW

XxbinnoxX said:
Fredrow micosoft said the elite is not supposed to get the red ring thats the only reason i said that and also I've done stuff i wasn't supposed to with my white xbox. lets keep it at that.
Haha ya ok microshit...that's bull shit my elite has RROD right now...

a42ozslushie

One time my elite got RROD, I was like oh shit cause I removed my warranty sticker! I just bought a warranty sticker on ebay and slapped it on their lol. No problems and got back a brand new elite.

M1A1xVIKINGxFTW

a42ozslushie said:
One time my elite got RROD, I was like oh shit cause I removed my warranty sticker! I just bought a warranty sticker on ebay and slapped it on their lol. No problems and got back a brand new elite.
:lol:

Paul

Guys, RROD = Error code.

The only time I've ever gotten RROD was in cod 4 with some friends when I accidently pulled out my surge protector. Had to disconnect the power cable and reconnect it.

My first elite got the same error your having. They said it died, sent me a new one. I turned it on played cod 4 for an hour turned it off, walked away. Later in the day I turned it on and got E74. >.>

Sent it back and they fixed the E74 on this 2nd elite. :)

t4ius

sorry man, i had this problem with my first xbox 360, its the gpu overheating beyond normal limits, u can send it back to microsoft for $120, but i found it breaking again, best off getting a new 360 :(

btw, it has nothing to do with the red ring of death, it is purely gpu failure...

Paul

t4ius said:
sorry man, i had this problem with my first xbox 360, its the gpu overheating beyond normal limits, u can send it back to microsoft for $120, but i found it breaking again, best off getting a new 360 :(

btw, it has nothing to do with the red ring of death, it is purely gpu failure...

Microsoft gives you a new xbox again if you're under warranty.