Y & B Problems..

Ben

Rightioo,

I just finished a PnC Sleeper Controller, All perfectly wired. I went to test it and found out that Y & B are some how linked together, meaning when I press either B or Y it presses the other button at the same time. I checked all my wiring and traces etc, nothing is shorting as far as I can see, I re wired the Y & B button but the problem still persists.
I did find out if I de-solder one of them from the viking board they both work perfectly, and the same if I remove both of them from the viking board, its just when they are both connected it causes this problem.
I also flashed the board and ticked the little box and the sleeper test code says everything is working fine except Y & B which are givving off the same code when either of them are pressed.

Anyone had problems like this before or know what is going on?

Ben

Ok - I have found and fixed the problem..

Some how on the underneath of the board, solder from the Y & B input pads had become joined, so therefore shorting it there. I didn't spot it for a while seeing as my board was stuck down to the controller board.

Hope this helps anyone else who has a problem similar to this :)

Fredrow

You will run into that every now and again...... I had the same thing one time but it wasn't bridged on the bottom of the controller.
Some how there was a couple knicks in the wire and the 2 wires were laying on top of each other touching. It took me a good hour of double checking everything, pulling my hair out, and yelling at it until I found that it was the wires touching.....