Yeaaaahh!! Check this out!!

Fredrow

How clean does this controller look..... Everyone will want this exact controller...4SHO......[attachment=0:2s12y03m]proto.jpg[/attachment:2s12y03m]

Just playing around!!! This is just a prototype that I'm working on right now. No triggers as you can see. Has the thumbstick buttons on the under-part of shell(note:Final finished controller will have way better push-buttons then what you see now).... Right now I'm messing around with putting more resistors on the pots that run the joysticks, just messing around and seeing if I could maybe calibrate the controller to give the user more controller maybe quicker response while playing games, (aka..killing people in Call of DUty)....

obo

Wouldnt that just be the same as upping your sensitivity? Or what are you doing there with the reaction time? Aorry im kinda confused lol

Fredrow

When you increase your sensitivity in the game settings of MW2; it makes every touch of the stick faster...

But by adding resisters (resistance) to the pots of the joysticks your slowing your movement down.....

I'm just doing some trial and error testing to see what will really happen.....

IrishStyle

Did you bypass the trigger pots with those switches? Are you still able to feather those switches like you can the pots?

Fredrow

I totally removed both pots from inside the controller. But I still had to connect a 10K resistor from the wiper connection spot on the 360 board to ground. Then connected a 4.7K resistor from that same spot to on leg of the switch, with the other leg of the switch going to that connection spot right above where the wiper was its that 1.5V power source right there.....

No you cant feather it... All I really did was changed it from an analog to digital.....

PS3andCOD

Contributor
Wouldn't the ultimate goal be to make the stick move very quickly when pushed to the stops, but slowly when just nudged a little bit?

theblur1

Great concept with the controller. Im not creative enough to think of doing something like this. Good luck and im sure youll make it look and play great!

Fredrow

PS3andCOD said:
So you want to lower the sensitivity even more than you can in game?

Like I said before I'm just doing some trial and error testing right now. I'm seeing what happens when I increase the resistance of the sticks and then increase the in-game sensitivity if that would help out with better aiming.... I suck at trying to explain stuff...lol.....

Fredrow

PS3andCOD said:
Oh! So you don't actually have a definitive goal in mind at the momment, just seeing what happens. Gotcha.

Oh! Yes I do have a goal in mind, I want better precision control with my controller. So thats why I'm doing this, to see if I can achieve it this way......