3.5 mm jack

thejld

Ok so i recently purchased a viking 360 chip and got the old one. It isnt a 3.5 mm jack it is somethin else, like a old usb connector, idk what its called. culd u giv me a link to the install. Idont think if it is the 3.5 mm jack, do u know what it is called. PLEASE I NEED HELP. Thx

Paul

thejld said:
Ok so i recently purchased a viking 360 chip and got the old one. It isnt a 3.5 mm jack it is somethin else, like a old usb connector, idk what its called. culd u giv me a link to the install. Idont think if it is the 3.5 mm jack, do u know what it is called. PLEASE I NEED HELP. Thx

If it's a mini USB port you're not going to have fun.

Where did you buy it from?

thejld

I bought it from 40 ounce
Why do u say its gnabe hard, it hav areally hard install or something? and theres this little thing on the chips that has 4 little holes on it do i jus tput it in those holes, they fit good, but do i hav to do any soldering on top of that, could u giv me an instrucs? and is th emini usb what einar used to sale
thx

IrishStyle

Here is the original Viking Install instructions. I had to dig deep in the PC to find these lol. These instructions are not in the directory anymore. It is the updated one that shows PNC options and 3.5mm jack options so you can get rid of the USB key. My apologies for taking so long to respond with them.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=IWFUMW50

thejld

3.5 mmjack

What size drill bit shoudl i use for the 3.5 mm jack and where should i put it on my controller/

theblur1

The drill bit size im sure is somewhere on the forum.
And where you place the jack is up to you. Mine is on the back of the controller close to where the tip of my middle finger is (i think?) while i play.

Itz CHARLEY

M1A1xVIKINGxFTW said:
isnt the chip different?...i thought that the v1 chip used the usb key and the v2 use pnc and 3.5?
yeah there are two different Viking chips. Most people dont like the mini USB because you aren't just drilling a circular hole to put a jack in, you have to cut out a very unusual shape from the shell and then put in caulk or something to fill in the gaps

Fredrow

Itz CHARLEY said:
M1A1xVIKINGxFTW said:
isnt the chip different?...i thought that the v1 chip used the usb key and the v2 use pnc and 3.5?
yeah there are two different Viking chips. Most people dont like the mini USB because you aren't just drilling a circular hole to put a jack in, you have to cut out a very unusual shape from the shell and then put in caulk or something to fill in the gaps

Not true...... The 3.5mm jack can be used with the old Viking360 boards.....

M1A1xVIKINGxFTW

Itz CHARLEY said:
M1A1xVIKINGxFTW said:
you could use silicone......

modded matt

a mini usb jack can be used on either chip.
a 3.5 mm jack can be used on either chip
a 5mm jack could be used.

IT DONT MATTER EITHER WAY

INSTEAD OF USING CAULK, DRIL A ROUND HOLE THE THICKNESS OF THE USB PLUG, THEN USE YOUR EXACTO KNIFE TO SQUARE OFF THE SIDES. NO CAULK NEEDED

SORRY FOR THE CAPS

canadacanada

Where can I find a picture that shows me D+ and D- on my old chip for a PNC or the 3.5 mm jack as that link only shows it for the newer chip. I know it is the points where the USB key goes but there are 4 points there.

M1A1xVIKINGxFTW

caulk is more of a building material than something i would recommend on a controller.....if you use caulk i can guarantee that you will have a horrible time with it.....caulk is basically a semi solid cement in a tube.

Krier023

Useful Poster
caulk is not like a cement. caulk is more like a silicone used to fill gaps and create a watertight seal. when caulk is fully solidified, it feels almost like a silicone.

M1A1xVIKINGxFTW

have you ever built or fixed a crack????......either way caulk is bad for plastic and it is also toxic(or atleast the bottle im looking at right now is)

Krier023

Useful Poster
My dad actually owns a general contracting business, so about every weekend i caulk sinks to countertops to backsplashes, but back on point, it doesnt really matter what you use to fill it in, some sort of glue or silicone.