360 Ragnarok Final Questions Before I Purchase

xKiLLa CaM

Useful Poster
So the 360 Ragnarok Controller is finally here and available on Viking Digital. I just have a few questions before I purchase:

1. My first question is the preview that comes up when you customize your controller exactly what the controller will look like? Several shell casings including the Gold, Chrome, and Iron Red also have different colored thumbsticks, buttons, etc. when you pick the shell. I assume there's no need to then, for example on the Gold shell casing, pick the gold colored buttons or clear thumbsticks that already show up in the preview. I jus twant to clarify as I don't want to spend more money on the customization than I have to.

2. These controllers feature the thumbstick LEDs. Do you have to pick the regular clear thumbsticks for whatever shell you choose (unless the shell comes with them as shown in the preview) if you want the LEDs? Will the other colored clear thumbsticks work or is the regular clear ones the best choice? I was going to make a plain black controller with a red LED, red buttons, and the clear red thumbsticks but I was worried the clear red thumbsticks would put a red tint on the thumbstick LEDS and would look crappy.

3. I am looking for a controller that will last me a while and I've been skeptical about the shell cases. I assume they work well and don't cause any problems with the joysticks or buttons or anything but I was curious on what you've experienced with them. Otherwise I'll just get a black one. I know odin said that the chrome shells sometimes cause problems like flaking and damaging to the shell because they are hard to drill through so i will probably stay away from that.

4. In the future do you think there will be more items available for customization? I know odin said they were gonna get more hydro dipped shells and I wasn't sure if any of the ones already were of this type because I noticed I had never seen the Iron Red or Gold until recently and I believe the Clear shells are also new but obv not hydro dipped because it's not paint. I was just curious, probably still won't wait for newer shells or anything as i really want this controller for over my winter break but I figured others might want to know too.

5. One final thing that confused me was that for example if I choose the black shell, the bumpers look black to me. I can't tell if the bumpers are actually black or if they are grey. I was just curious because grey bumpers on the black controller would look crappy lol. I'm kind of color deficient when it comes to my eyesight and can't distinguish between colors like this so I just want to make sure. I was kind of lookin to buy the Iron Red shell and when you choose it the bumpers are the same gold colors as the buttons, d-pad, and xbox guide button. Since it's a required section if i choose the standard bumpers it won't be black bumpers will it? It should be the gold ones or w/e color that is right?

6. Last thing and I promise I won't pester you guys anymore lol. I saw the perfect reload delays in the preview of the 360 Ragnarok Software that odin had posted in another topic. Is that for Gears of War? Cuz there was also a fast reload delays section which I assumed was for Call of Duty. I wasn't sure because I know this controller is really specifically for CoD but I know the Gears stuff was a added feature for the legacy users on their software so i figured odin also added it for this.

Anyway, thanks so much in advance. If anybody else besides odin or NYJets can answer any of this for me, by all means go for it. I assume many of you probably know some of this who have ordered a custom controller off the site before. One again thank you and I look forward to buying my first modded controller from this company :)

Last edited:

NYjetsNY1

Odingalt handles vikingdigital's site, and the customizations. These are questions best suited for him. I'll let him answer these when he is on next.

xKiLLa CaM

Useful Poster
Ok, no problem, thanks jets. I didn't want to PM him all of this because it was so much (or I just made it seem like a crapload because I type too much and tried to be as detailed as possible) lol.

Lynx

I would like to know these answers too. I am itching for a new controller (my macro is wearing out) and this may be my next one.

odingalt

Staff member
So the 360 Ragnarok Controller is finally here and available on Viking Digital. I just have a few questions before I purchase:

I'll do my best to answer! :)

1. My first question is the preview that comes up when you customize your controller exactly what the controller will look like? Several shell casings including the Gold, Chrome, and Iron Red also have different colored thumbsticks, buttons, etc. when you pick the shell. I assume there's no need to then, for example on the Gold shell casing, pick the gold colored buttons or clear thumbsticks that already show up in the preview. I jus twant to clarify as I don't want to spend more money on the customization than I have to.

Yes, we build the controller exactly how it shows in the photograph. So you are correct in your example of the Gold shell casing - if you buy the Gold shell upgrade, you get the gold guide button, gold d-pad and clear thumbsticks for free (that's the way they ship them to us from the distributor, bundled with those pieces). So you are definitely getting a better deal depending on which shell you pick as you are getting some freebies with it so to speak.

2. These controllers feature the thumbstick LEDs. Do you have to pick the regular clear thumbsticks for whatever shell you choose (unless the shell comes with them as shown in the preview) if you want the LEDs? Will the other colored clear thumbsticks work or is the regular clear ones the best choice? I was going to make a plain black controller with a red LED, red buttons, and the clear red thumbsticks but I was worried the clear red thumbsticks would put a red tint on the thumbstick LEDS and would look crappy.

I haven't listed them yet. It will be a different dropdown that says rainbow LED's, or possibly a checkmark box. The stencil I need to assemble the LED boards doesn't arrive until tomorrow. Yes another delay. Otherwise we have everything else we need to start building these LED boards. The red thumbsticks would indeed put a tint on the LED's. We would automatically just include the plain clear thumbsticks for anybody who ends up ordering the LED thumbsticks.

3. I am looking for a controller that will last me a while and I've been skeptical about the shell cases. I assume they work well and don't cause any problems with the joysticks or buttons or anything but I was curious on what you've experienced with them. Otherwise I'll just get a black one. I know odin said that the chrome shells sometimes cause problems like flaking and damaging to the shell because they are hard to drill through so i will probably stay away from that.

We don't buy XCM shells. We had a world of problems with XCM products. I'm not sure who products this line of aftermarket shells we are purchasing, it comes from China. Well, actually some are from Microsoft and are stock. Some are from China. And some are stock controllers that we had hydro-dipped (painted). The XCM controllers always flaked when drilled, I'm assuming these will do the same. So when you look at the mod switch or jack you'll be able to tell unfortunately. It's not a giant flake or chip (we won't ship it that way) but it's not a perfectly round hole like on the plastic shells. If you want the best quality, I would stick with Microsoft stock or Microsoft stock that we hydropainted.

4. In the future do you think there will be more items available for customization? I know odin said they were gonna get more hydro dipped shells and I wasn't sure if any of the ones already were of this type because I noticed I had never seen the Iron Red or Gold until recently and I believe the Clear shells are also new but obv not hydro dipped because it's not paint. I was just curious, probably still won't wait for newer shells or anything as i really want this controller for over my winter break but I figured others might want to know too.

I would like to bring back the barbed wire, grey skulls, possibly a carbon fiber, maybe one camo. This would be some time next spring. We have to sell off some of the stock we've got first and then we'll reinvest in some new styles. I wasn't a big fan of the custom painted shells this time around, but not everyone has my tastes either.

5. One final thing that confused me was that for example if I choose the black shell, the bumpers look black to me. I can't tell if the bumpers are actually black or if they are grey. I was just curious because grey bumpers on the black controller would look crappy lol. I'm kind of color deficient when it comes to my eyesight and can't distinguish between colors like this so I just want to make sure. I was kind of lookin to buy the Iron Red shell and when you choose it the bumpers are the same gold colors as the buttons, d-pad, and xbox guide button. Since it's a required section if i choose the standard bumpers it won't be black bumpers will it? It should be the gold ones or w/e color that is right?

Yes I noticed the same thing. The bumpers are actually black on the black shell. The bumpers are actually gold on the iron red shell. Just remember "What you see is what you get", if for some reason we have to deviate from the picture we would contact you before shipping, but this shouldn't happen.

6. Last thing and I promise I won't pester you guys anymore lol. I saw the perfect reload delays in the preview of the 360 Ragnarok Software that odin had posted in another topic. Is that for Gears of War? Cuz there was also a fast reload delays section which I assumed was for Call of Duty. I wasn't sure because I know this controller is really specifically for CoD but I know the Gears stuff was a added feature for the legacy users on their software so i figured odin also added it for this.

Anyway, thanks so much in advance. If anybody else besides odin or NYJets can answer any of this for me, by all means go for it. I assume many of you probably know some of this who have ordered a custom controller off the site before. One again thank you and I look forward to buying my first modded controller from this company :)

Correct. I had added customizable perfect active reloads to legacy (although that still needs one more improvement before it's finished). So we did add perfect active reloads to the XBOX360 Ragnarok which obviously wasn't a feature on the PS3 Ragnarok since PS3 does't have Gears of War. On the new XBOX360 Ragnarok, Perfect Reload Modes 1-7 are for perfect reloads for "normal" gun, modes 8-10 are for guns that reload immediately after firing like the LongShot. It works almost identically to the legacy controllers so if you have seen those in action, this works the same way. Fast Reload modes 1-5 use the old y,y method for all COD games EXCEPT MW3. Fast Reload modes 6-10 use the new semtex rb,y method which also works in MW3. You have to be holding a semtex however.

Phew! Sorry I didn't answer sooner, I had this window open for the last 3 1/2 hours while I kept finding other questions, tickets and PM's to answer.

xKiLLa CaM

Useful Poster
Thank you so much odin. It's no biggy for not answering sooner. I was really busy yesterday after I posted this anyway. Been writing my final paper for history that's due thursday. It's finals week so I have like no time for anything lol. Anyway, I appreciate you answering everything for me. I will be purchasing later in the week most likely then when the thumbstick LEDs are listed on the site. I'm in between getting either the standard black shell and then customizing the rest of the controller options, or the gold or iron red shell. Not sure which I'm gonna get yet but I'll eventually decide lol. Thank you once again and I can't wait to buy.