A couple Q's B4 I Buy

KyleH

I am thinking about buying a berserker. My first question: is the berserker still incompatable with the chat adapter? I use a turtlebeach headset, and if I'm not going to be able to use my mic, I don't believe I will buy one until I can, or if you can somehow do a special deal for me and shorten the things on the back just for my order.
My second question: can I do a button remap, for example, halo 2 is coming out for XB1, and it doesn't have bumper jumper. Would I be able to create my own button layout?
I bought a ragnarok from you guys on 360 and loved it, and would love to continue to be a customer.

odingalt

Staff member
Correct, Berserker's paddle switches are still incompatible with the stereo headset adapter. We also only support headsets that are officially licensed by Microsoft. If you purchase the Berserker with standard tac switches instead of paddle switches, it will work with the stereo headset adapter.

I am not exactly sure what you mean on your second question. What is a bumper jumper? You can't remap stock buttons (for example you can't make Right Trigger have your guy go prone in Call of Duty). In some cases however you can still use stock buttons to pull off moves but it depends on a case by case basis.

bonefisher

I don't know bumper jumper either.....if you wanted to throw a combo on like right bumper then have like A button play after the default press of right bumper... sure you can or just put what you want on a tac button!

Drastic

I am thinking about buying a berserker. My first question: is the berserker still incompatable with the chat adapter? I use a turtlebeach headset, and if I'm not going to be able to use my mic, I don't believe I will buy one until I can, or if you can somehow do a special deal for me and shorten the things on the back just for my order.
My second question: can I do a button remap, for example, halo 2 is coming out for XB1, and it doesn't have bumper jumper. Would I be able to create my own button layout?
I bought a ragnarok from you guys on 360 and loved it, and would love to continue to be a customer.
Halo does have bumper jumper layout and even tho the paddles will not let u use the mic u can go to this link in the forums to know how to make it work a different way...
the berserker paddles are amazing though i would get them i almost didn't order mine with the paddles but i'm glad i did much easier to reach than a tac switch.

http://www.viking360.com/forums/threads/viking-berserker-chat-fix.6097/

Last edited:
i use the stereo adaptor on a second controller (the one included with console) and connect that and my berserker to my console this works fine, the headphones and the mic work fine for multiplayer, i have the berserker on rechargable aa's and the other on a wired connection to console its no hassle and i'm happy with this soloution, hope that helps.

KyleH

Yea by bumper jumper, I'm talking about a specific button layout that started in halo3, (halo 2 doesn't have it.)
You jump with the left bumper.

bonefisher

Yea by bumper jumper, I'm talking about a specific button layout that started in halo3, (halo 2 doesn't have it.)
You jump with the left bumper.
If you put your jump on the paddle and get the hang of that you'll never change again... You can't go wrong with this controller!

modded matt

To answer your bumper jumper question, the answer is no. Flat out. If the game supports has the option, the controller will support it.

To explain without getting too technical, with the Rag you have, you have to change the settings in the game to "lefty, south paw, button jumper, etc", then on the controller change your layout so your mods work. this is because if the reload button is no longer the X button in game, when you try to use quick reload, the mod will still be pressing X so you have to change the mod chip layout to match the in game layout so it knows what button is reload. (this is just a random example) The viking mods have never been able to remap a button layout or change one button to another and I am not sure there is one on the market that could it would involve cutting and intercepting every button trace in the controller.

With the Berserker, its a little different, with the Berserker, you can make your own mods using any button you want, so if you change the in game layout to bumper jumper, you adjust your Runes (mods) to match your game layout.

The berserker will allow you to remap any button to its 4 tact switches if you just want a remap, but it cannot change the in game options.

KyleH

Okay. I think I understand. Let me ask this: could I apply a rune to my LB so that it will press A .01 seconds later, making my guy jump? The LB on Halo 2 just turns the flashlight on and off, useless.
Also, is there a rough ETA on "chat adapter compatable" paddles?

bonefisher

Okay. I think I understand. Let me ask this: could I apply a rune to my LB so that it will press A .01 seconds later, making my guy jump? The LB on Halo 2 just turns the flashlight on and off, useless.
Yes you can do that on your LB.... Don't know about the chat adapter... But you'll love the paddles!

modded matt

yes, you can assign a rune to LB, when you press LB it will activate the flashlight and jump at the same time. You cannot stop the original button press.

To my knowledge, there are no plans for "chat adapter compatible" paddles. If you plan to use a chat adapter, you need not buy the paddles. just get the basic controller.

Drastic

Go to my link above to get compatabilty with a second controller... The paddles like everyone else said, are amazing! Can't go wrong with the Berserker! :)

odingalt

Staff member
yes, you can assign a rune to LB, when you press LB it will activate the flashlight and jump at the same time. You cannot stop the original button press.

To my knowledge, there are no plans for "chat adapter compatible" paddles. If you plan to use a chat adapter, you need not buy the paddles. just get the basic controller.

Correct. If we change, we'll be ditching the paddles altogether for something new.