a few questions about the macro controllers

ronnie09

first off it seems a nice idea im sure for some games like combo fighting moves it might be very usefull like mortal kombat maybe ufc i dont know tho never played ufc .

anyway i notice there is 6 tact switches and im sure theres a hell of a lot more wires. surely this has got to have a higher chance of breaking down ?

also how much use is macro gonna be when you play a game where every kill is different where u have to react differently everytime?

just wondering really id like to see some videos in the future see how people get along with them

hope it works out

odingalt

Staff member
ronnie09 said:
first off it seems a nice idea im sure for some games like combo fighting moves it might be very usefull like mortal kombat maybe ufc i dont know tho never played ufc .

That's the idea. There are literally over a hundred mod shops and sellers out there who have xbox 360 modded controllers, but all of them just do rapidfire. We wanted to do something more than just plain old rapidfire, for people out there who play something other than first person shooters. But at the same time we're expanding the usefulness of this beast in first person shooters.

ronnie09 said:
anyway i notice there is 6 tact switches and im sure theres a hell of a lot more wires. surely this has got to have a higher chance of breaking down ?

On the contrary, the new install is mostly solderless. We've done away with the difficult install from the old legacy purple modchip - that install required us to scrape back or use sandpaper to expose the circuit board's copper traces, then we had to solder 30 AWG wire jumpers directly onto the traces - a VERY delicate task. Most reliability problems revolved around those jumpers coming off the trace during shipping. Most of our returns would happen within the first week, from a jumper coming off during USPS transport.

Anyway, on the new modchip, you've got wires for the six tactile switches, two wires for the LED add-on board, two wires for the USB upload/download feature, and one more wire that jumpers to the left stick press. All the other buttons, joysticks and trigger connections are made solderlessly.

ronnie09 said:
also how much use is macro gonna be when you play a game where every kill is different where u have to react differently everytime?

Doesn't sound like a macro recording controller will be very useful if the moves are random. I'm thinking of the Madden fumble recovery, where you have to turbo different buttons. In that case, you could assign X,Y,B,A turbo buttons to four different tac switches. Then you're just playing a game of simon-says, but without having to wreck your fingers jamming down on the buttons fast.

ronnie09 said:
just wondering really id like to see some videos in the future see how people get along with them

hope it works out

Will have a lot more videos in about one month's time once we get the software into the people's hands, get the products shipped, and after we roll out a software update (we already have a software updated planned for about 1-2 weeks after launch, need to add more features to the software already based on a lot of input from here in the forums)

I'm really interested in the new Macro controller and I also have a couple of questions about it before I buy it. So I know the new chip is like the old one on steroids so does that mean a better rapid fire than the Legacy controller??? I assume it's the same! Obviously it will support the same glitches the Legacy controllers are capable of but since the chip is on "steroids" will it access us to more glitches on MW2 than the Legacy controller? I guess I'm not fully convinced on the usefulness of playing back a move like in a game like COD since the outcomes are always different like mentioned above and I don't play anything but FPS. I did see a video on You Tube but I would to see these playback moves in a COD multiplayer (if possible). Don't get me wrong the controller seems amazing but I just want to know what's the most I can get out of this controller aside from the current Legacy controller capabilities and how effective will the play back option be for some one who only plays FPS. Thank you for you time!

obo

LiOnHeArT24 said:
I'm really interested in the new Macro controller and I also have a couple of questions about it before I buy it. So I know the new chip is like the old one on steroids so does that mean a better rapid fire than the Legacy controller??? I assume it's the same! Obviously it will support the same glitches the Legacy controllers are capable of but since the chip is on "steroids" will it access us to more glitches on MW2 than the Legacy controller? I guess I'm not fully convinced on the usefulness of playing back a move like in a game like COD since the outcomes are always different like mentioned above and I don't play anything but FPS. I did see a video on You Tube but I would to see these playback moves in a COD multiplayer (if possible). Don't get me wrong the controller seems amazing but I just want to know what's the most I can get out of this controller aside from the current Legacy controller capabilities and how effective will the play back option be for some one who only plays FPS. Thank you for you time!
The new macro controller can do everything that the old one can plus a lot more!

however when it comes to pure rapidfire. The controller can at insanely fast rates, but the game that you're playing also has coding that limits how fast your gun can fire.

For example call of duty has a rate of about 11-13 shots per second that the gun can be fire. And now matter how fast your controller is firing. It will never go above this. However glitches like jitter sometimes allow us to bypass this which is what both the old viking and the new viking can do.

The advantage of the new controller though, is you can record and edit any move you want down to the fraction of a second. Say a new glitch is discovered in your favorite game. All you have to do is record yourself doing it and then play it back each time you need it performed. Or maybe if its too fast to do normally. Just do it slowly then edit it using the timeline editor software!

odingalt

Staff member
As far as actual bonafide new features, I am waiting on some more testing to see if there is any usefulness to anti-recoil for some of the sniper rifles as well as a 'sensitive aim' script, whereby you would hold down one of the tac switches, and the modchip will slow down your aiming when you need more sensitive aiming. Again these are still being tested and one thing that affects them greatly is which joystick sensitivity setting you have selected in the options menu in your game.

PS3andCOD

Contributor
Do you think a script to steady the sniper more without holding breath would work? And then it automatically turns off if you hold your breath for perfect aim.

obo

PS3andCOD said:
Do you think a script to steady the sniper more without holding breath would work? And then it automatically turns off if you hold your breath for perfect aim.
I don't think this would be possible unless in Black Ops they downgrade the sniper scoping.

Currently it randomly moves about the screen, so the controller could not counter this on its own at the moment

PS3andCOD

Contributor
But computer's can't be completely random. Chances are there's a pattern, and it's not going to be some huge one either. They'd be too lazy to make it more than 3-5 seconds long.

Ben

PS3andCOD said:
But computer's can't be completely random. Chances are there's a pattern, and it's not going to be some huge one either. They'd be too lazy to make it more than 3-5 seconds long.

You may have a good point here..

M1A1xVIKINGxFTW

PS3andCOD said:
humans can be though....like me :lol:

PS3andCOD

Contributor
Well yeah. Life is the most random thig in the universe. So the seemingly random wiggle is probably just a loop of when a dev jiggled their mouse in the motion they wanted for a couple seconds. The dev's gave it it's randomness, but it's still a weakness because it means it's patterned unless they spent a huge amount of time making a 15 minute long loop of randomness. Which even at 15 it would be possible to do, but kind of time consuming and not really worth it anymore. But I highly doubt they would have bothered with a long one because the viking didn't even exist before MW2 came out, and so there was absolutely no reason to bother making more than a 5 second loop.

M1A1xVIKINGxFTW

PS3andCOD said:
Well yeah. Life is the most random thig in the universe. So the seemingly random wiggle is probably just a loop of when a dev jiggled their mouse in the motion they wanted for a couple seconds. The dev's gave it it's randomness, but it's still a weakness because it means it's patterned unless they spent a huge amount of time making a 15 minute long loop of randomness. Which even at 15 it would be possible to do, but kind of time consuming and not really worth it anymore. But I highly doubt they would have bothered with a long one because the viking didn't even exist before MW2 came out, and so there was absolutely no reason to bother making more than a 5 second loop.
When you say the Viking wasn't even out before MW2 do you mean the new or old chip because the origional chip has been in production since June/July 2009

PS3andCOD

Contributor
I mean the new one with the stick controll of course... The old chip couldn't have done this anyways. I was on the forum when MW2 came out.

obo said:
LiOnHeArT24 said:
The new macro controller can do everything that the old one can plus a lot more!

however when it comes to pure rapidfire. The controller can at insanely fast rates, but the game that you're playing also has coding that limits how fast your gun can fire.

For example call of duty has a rate of about 11-13 shots per second that the gun can be fire. And now matter how fast your controller is firing. It will never go above this. However glitches like jitter sometimes allow us to bypass this which is what both the old viking and the new viking can do.

The advantage of the new controller though, is you can record and edit any move you want down to the fraction of a second. Say a new glitch is discovered in your favorite game. All you have to do is record yourself doing it and then play it back each time you need it performed. Or maybe if its too fast to do normally. Just do it slowly then edit it using the timeline editor software!

So I can record myself shooting the M16 and then go back and edit it to reduce the time between burts? Or record myself shooting the M16 in jitter mode and go back and edit/cut out the zooming in and out for better accuracy? Or record myself reloading and edit it to reduce the time between reloads? That would be freaking awesome but it seem to good to be true...

LoveKillzSlowly

I know that you can record and then edit it later on your computer using the viking software. So what you are asking is possible if the game you are playing isn't limited. You can also share it with other people here which is neat since I myself will be uploading a lot of stuff since I do own a sh-t load of games.

M1A1xVIKINGxFTW

LoveKillzSlowly said:
I know that you can record and then edit it later on your computer using the viking software. So what you are asking is possible if the game you are playing isn't limited. You can also share it with other people here which is neat since I myself will be uploading a lot of stuff since I do own a sh-t load of games.
And how would you know how it works???.....no jitter is already an option on the pc you don't need to record yourself.

PS3andCOD

Contributor
No lionheart, it doesn't quite work that way... That would requre changing the code for the game. What you can do however, is perfect any glitches you did manually. Lets say you did a manual fast reload, (watched for the bar to fill, then yy.) you could then go on the PC and decrease the time between the y's, and decrease the time before yy is hit. That's just an example, fast reloads will probably be included, or just by the custum number again.

LoveKillzSlowly

M1A1xVIKINGxFTW said:
And how would you know how it works???.....no jitter is already an option on the pc you don't need to record yourself.

It's been said plenty of times what we can and can't do. We don't even know if we can do jitter mod on Black Ops yet , they could have patched it up. Yeah what he is asking is possible if the game was not limited, like someone else here just said, It would require you to change the code for a game so it may not be possible in Modern Warfare 2. The point I was trying to get to him is that you can record yourself doing just about anything on your controller and play it back on your PC to edit it. I never said I was talking about Modern Warfare 2. Yes it's possible to use your controller to shoot 50sps in Modern Warfare 2 but It won't actually shoot that fast in the game due to game limitations.

odingalt

Staff member
LiOnHeArT24 said:
So I can record myself shooting the M16 and then go back and edit it to reduce the time between burts? Or record myself shooting the M16 in jitter mode and go back and edit/cut out the zooming in and out for better accuracy? Or record myself reloading and edit it to reduce the time between reloads? That would be freaking awesome but it seem to good to be true...

No. Here's the technical explanation:

We don't add the zoom in/zoom out part in our jitter mod macro on the legacy controllers. It's a side-affect of how jitter mod works. Jitter mod is nothing more than your character reloading VERY VERY quickly, or changing weapons VERY VERY quickly, between each shot. This fools the anti-rapidfire timer in the game software and lets you get past the shots-per-second cap. The drawback? Your guy looks like he's de-scoping because in reality he's changing weapons or reloading....