About Evil Controllers Company..

MathiasM

Hello my fellow Vikings..

Ive read many reviews about Evil Controllers at this site.. And honestly.. My thoughts were that all of it is wrong. I had bought a controller from them some years ago now, and even though it took some weeks (probably more) for me to get my controller, the overall process was acceptable..

About a week ago now, i knew that is was time for me to get a new modded controller, and like most people went blind with all the "hype" about Evil´s customer service. I ordered a new controller.. The assemble of the modded controller itself should take around 2-3 days (correct me if im wrong) which is already gone now, and i have still to hear anything about my controller.. I cant get any response from them, at all. And every E-mail i have send (3-4 E-mails over approximately 2 weeks) is still yet to be replied to.

If only i were the only one experiencing this, but unfortunately im not.. Their Forums seams almost dead, and filled (at this point) with people in the same boat as myself not getting their controller or hearing anyting about it.. I try to remain positive based on my previously positive experience, but i gotta´ say is hard.

I really liked Evil Controllers back in the old days, but i feel like they haven't been doing their "homework" nowadays.

I will try to get my money back, and make them cancel my order (if possible due to the almost impossible task of getting in touch with a staff member in my timezone). But if i succeed, my next controller is going to be a Viking..

- This review isnt to troll or harrass Evil Controllers, but simply state and give a feel how it is to be their customer atm.

ILBIEAST

I believe that is what most people have experienced too is the customer service atm. My experience with them was terrible.

MJ23KB24

ModdingBros Leader
Ive personally never experienced Evil controllers since I have never tried buying one nor will I ever. If you talk about any other controller on their forums usually you will be banned and they will delete the post. The forums on their are practically dead like you said.

odingalt

Staff member
This time of the year has been historically difficult for the larger shops. It may just be a case of Evil having a huge backlog of orders leftover from the holidays (and possibly a large backlog of returns to make things more complicated). I know that if I was selling thousands and thousands of controllers just in the month of December, I'm not quite sure how I would tackle resources (manpower) to keep up with the orders.

Viking has has a "Reduced" selection of customizations on our website vs. the "Big guys", because it helps us ship out 95% of our orders the very next day after you order. Even though a Viking custom-built products say it takes 2-3 days to ship, our mission at the shop is to get orders out the next day, and we hit that goal 95%+ of the time, even around the holidays. The "big guys" show you a massive list of customizations, but sometimes those customizations require non-inventory special orders parts or custom painted shells can take several weeks to get ready. This means that their customers have to wait a long time. In other words, just because they let you purchase it on their website doesn't mean they have it in stock. On the other hand, Viking doesn't list anything for sale we don't have in stock in our shop on the shelf ready to go right now. The very instant that a shell, thumbstick, or other component is out-of-stock, our inventory management system removes that item from the retail website.

The e-mail/forums/support staff at Evil may just be busy working in the warehouse helping to fill backorders, and helping process returns/repairs. We don't have ths same issues here, but to be fair, we are a smaller company, we have a smaller selection of customizations, and our mission statement is different.

Odingalt makes a very good point, but, customer service should always come first. When I was looking around I checked out Einstein, Evil and Gaming Modz. I also checked out another company called Viking. Questions were sent by e-mail to all of these companies and the owner of Viking, Odingalt (aka DakotaKid) was the only one to answer mine. I think the proof is in the pudding. Tell people 2 to 3 days and try for the next day. As far as Evil jerking you around...try contacting the Better Business Bureau and see if they can make an inquiry for you. If that doesn't work, you can always contact the Attorney Gereneral's office for the state that Evil does business in. Hope you get your controller or money back...good luck.