Amazing News

Mista DUBstep

I have some amazing news.
Although none of you probably care, but i have some great news.
On Friday 20th May 2011 I Alix Macpherson Have completed a Training course.

The course is Certificate IV (4) in Mentoring Diverse Groups.
This course is The highest accredited training Course in the world ( For Mentoring).
Certicate 4 is one step under a diploma.
According to the statistics of the creater of the course.
I am in the top 20 (#18 to be exact) Highest Qualified Mentor in my state.
I am in the top 180 (#173 to be exact) Highest Qualified Mentor in Australia.
and out of all of that. At the age of 16 years 4 months, I am the Youngest Qualified Mentor in the WORLD.
when my certificate arives. I will scan it and Post it on this topic.!!!!

Noiw i still don't think you care, but i just wanted to let people know.

PS3andCOD

Contributor
Just wondering, but what sort of mentor is it? In Canada anyways mentor basically means teacher, so it could be anything...

Mista DUBstep

Thanks everyone. I think it might be a world record, but i somehow don't think it is big enough to be mentioned anywhere : /

Umm, There is no 'Blanket' Term for mentoring, It all depends on what Organisation you are working for.
So for example, if you are hired by a School, your role as a mentor may be to help GUIDE (The key term for mentoring is GUIDE), Stundents to learn, or Take the correct 'pathway' to get to where they want to be in life. Another role a mentor might have in a scholl situation is, To help new students adjust to a new environment, The might have moved Towns, States, Countries....ect ect, You role as a mentor in that situation would be to SUPPORT the new student while they made the transition into the new learning environment.

Whereas me, My role as a mentor within my organisation, Is in regards to RETENTION (Basic it means, in my situation, Turning up to work everyday), I help GUIDE and SUPPORT our workers or 'Participants' as we call them at work. If they are not turning up to work, or are late, I am ENGAGED to work with them and try to guide them back onto the right tracks, i.e...Billy bob, after one month of employment, Started to show up to work late and smelling of Alcohol. I would be engaged by his supivisor to go and work with him for a bit, try to see what that Barriers (issues) are that are making him Late for work and smelling like alcohol. But that is not ONLY what a mentor is restricted to doing. There are so many more things, but i'm affraid that i do not have the time to go through them all. But none the less, I hoped this helped you understand a bit more just what a mentor is for.

PS3andCOD

Contributor
Aha, I get it now... That's not really how we use that word here. Those things fit into it as well, but it's used much more broadly in Canada.