Any word on updated ps4 remapper.

WHITE 4ND N3RDY

ModdingBros Representative
Was curious if the ps4 controller will get a update to be compatible with the ds4 using a blade setup and possibly a ribbon that hooks up to the ds4 led light to take advantage of the multicolor leds? Just curious if this is a work in progress.

odingalt

Staff member
The blades we made for XBOX 1 won't work on PS4. All new receiver base and all new blades, pretty much all new everything need to be designed and sent off for new factory setup. We will have blades for PS4 but just have to start over from scratch to do it.

I don't have any plans to tap into the DS4's front light bar.

WHITE 4ND N3RDY

9 LED_zps3nrrbwlp.jpg U could try to consider adding led support even if you plan on not tapping into the light bar via ribbon cable. There are three solder points (@ least on the jdm 11 & 20 board) that tap into the blue, green and red light bar. If u had a led point in your flex board all u would need is a 100 ohm resistor and solder to any of the three points u want. U could choose blue, green or red when u go into programming mode. It would make it a lot more user friendly then guessing if u held the button long enough to go into programming mode also gives flair to the consumer being able to pick out of three led colors for programming mode.

Last edited:

odingalt

Staff member
We've had really good luck with installing a completely separate indicator. In the form of a big reduction in support/helpdesk tickets. Back in the XBOX 360/PS3 days where we hi-jacked the stock LED's and used them for mod indication, people would just end up getting confused when using the mods. Ever since we started using the new 4-quadrant LED indicator we have seen a dramatic decrease in tech support requests. (Like 80-90% decrease on Ragnarok)

Hi-jacking the light bar on PS4 would be both fun and cool but I would inevitably end up with more support tickets from confused customers vs. the stand alone 4-quadrant LED we are installing. I would go with full blown LCD screen if it weren't cost prohibitive at low quantity.

WHITE 4ND N3RDY

Makes complete sense as a business and consumer prospect. All I was concerned with was no indication support. I figure as long as something indicated what u were doing would be better than nothing which is what currently u have with the ps4 remapper. Even something as simple as rumble moter indicater would work but I do like the external led u currently have. A LCD screen would be boss but very expensive. Would be super cool to see something like that in a ps4 beserker like a LCD strip across the bottom where I currently install the external lights in the ps4 ragnaroks. Could see so many implications that are almost endless and cool factor would be 11/10 lol. No worries I know your on your game and in the future your revisions will be nothin but genuis!

odingalt

Staff member
Ok I see what you mean on the PS4 remapper. Yes in that case it might be handy to hijack the light bar just to blink a few times when setting the remaps. I read you now. That is actually not a bad idea.