Anybody own guns?

Sgt Jax Mehoff

Useful Poster
I'm asking because i'm an avid hunter and collector of firearms. I currently have my various deer rifles, hunting pistols, a few shotguns and I have my collection of antique WWII era bolt action rifles. A few WWII era rifles I have are a Mosin Nagant, 8MM German Mauser and a M1903A4 Springfield. What do you guys have?

blake

what kind of hunting pistols do you have man im looking for one any recommendations im probably gonna get a glock or smith and wesson

snicker313

Yes,hand guns .and the like .Also like to bow hunt but shoulder has stop me for a few years.Have a C.P.L. carry mostly in the city south of 8 mile.

Sgt Jax Mehoff

Useful Poster
what kind of hunting pistols do you have man im looking for one any recommendations im probably gonna get a glock or smith and wesson
44 Magnum or 45 Long Colt are both sufficient for pretty much everything in America.

Yes,hand guns .and the like .Also like to bow hunt but shoulder has stop me for a few years.Have a C.P.L. carry mostly in the city south of 8 mile.
I'm also an avid bow hunter, I have a traditional re curve bow that me and my granddad made before he died. It's a 125 pound pull and will take anything in North America.

Pistols-
glocks,springfield xd's, Just got a HK45
1911's,kimber,para ordnance,springfield
And a few Ruger revolvers

Shotguns-
Remington 1100 (2 of em),1187 (3 of em),Competition Master (My fkn favorite) and some other skeet/trap Remington shotguns (I dont own any over under's)
Smith and Wesson Model 3000 (Old Police Riot shotgun)
Saiga 12 with some goodies :)

AR's
Rock river,DPMS,Armalite, just picked up a LaRue Tactical OBR 20" in 5.56 :)

Got some other uppers in 6.8 and 7.62

Rifles-
R-5 Milspec,Sendero,PSS,LTR,
G.A.P in .308
Some other ones but dont feel like typing them :)

Ak's
Saiga with some work done to it :)
A few Yugo's
M70 under-folder

A few SKS's (I love these things)
Golani Sporter (Galil)
A few lever action rifles

Thats pretty much most of em. I love guns and grew up shooting. I keep about 4 or 5,000 rounds of each caliber on hand in case the Zombies come

snicker313

Longbow is nice,just thinking about the time you and your gramps had makes me smile.I thinking I might get a crossbow (cheating) to hunt with.

snicker313

My friend had a .45 Kimber,had a little work done on it.That was a pleasure to shoot really wanted to get a kimber but to much $ at the time!

Krier023

Useful Poster
44 Magnum or 45 Long Colt are both sufficient for pretty much everything in America.

I'm also an avid bow hunter, I have a traditional re curve bow that me and my granddad made before he died. It's a 125 pound pull and will take anything in North America.
125lb? What the. I have a big problem getting a 65 back. It was my first time shooting a bow though.

Remmnever

I've got a Glock 17 and a Smith and Wesson 442 Airweight. Colt Ar15 with a few upgrades and a Remington 870 shotgun. I've been thinking about getting a Kimber 1911, I'm leaning towards the Tactical Custom HD II but I still need to shoot a few of the others because I make a decision.

Nothing more relaxing then going out in the middle of no where and shooting. I love it.

odingalt

Staff member
If I owned any guns, I would never tell anyone about them. Unless of course you want government officials knocking on your door some day, asking you to hand them over.

Tx1000

If I owned any guns, I would never tell anyone about them. Unless of course you want government officials knocking on your door some day, asking you to hand them over.

They cant do that. As long as you have them register and license for them.

Krier023

Useful Poster
Guns are a collectors item just like antiques, or dolls. Legal to own as long as they are registered and licensed to you. Most people don't use guns for killing, or committing crimes, but they use them for target shooting, and game hunting.

True though, the way the government is starting to look at guns is getting worse because of the few people ruining it for everyone else. The people buying upwards of thousand dollar guns, and buying hundreds of target rounds should not be the people that have to go through the most security. It should be the people buying the cheapest 9mm they can find, and then buying 4 rounds.

Sgt Jax Mehoff

Useful Poster
All of them are licensed and registered to me, except the WWII era rifles. You don't need licenses for older guns as they are considered collectors/antique.

Guns are a collectors item just like antiques, or dolls. Legal to own as long as they are registered and licensed to you. Most people don't use guns for killing, or committing crimes, but they use them for target shooting, and game hunting.

True though, the way the government is starting to look at guns is getting worse because of the few people ruining it for everyone else. The people buying upwards of thousand dollar guns, and buying hundreds of target rounds should not be the people that have to go through the most security. It should be the people buying the cheapest 9mm they can find, and then buying 4 rounds.
I use them for hunting, the shotguns for skeet shooting and turkey hunting, etc. I was trained to handle guns by the best... My granddad and my dad. "Always treat a gun as if it's loaded, even when it's not".

125lb? What the. I have a big problem getting a 65 back. It was my first time shooting a bow though.
I lift weights and I have been dealing with bows since I was 4. It's all about practice. I started with a 20 pound toddler bow. Which was actually made for me by my dad.

PS3andCOD

Contributor
I have a super-magnum airgun... Benjamin XL1100. It's nice because it's pretty quiet. It's registered as a firearm up here in Canada, not like America where I could just go buy one...

Krier023

Useful Poster
I have a super-magnum airgun... Benjamin XL1100. It's nice because it's pretty quiet. It's registered as a firearm up here in Canada, not like America where I could just go buy one...
Benjamins are good air guns. I have a couple myself. They get to be pretty high dollar too. I think I paid around 250.

PS3andCOD

Contributor
lol I paid $375. They're very expensive in Canada. I had a local gunshop quote me $540. I really wanted it though because it's got about the power of a normal .22 (it's a .22 cal airgun) but it's really quiet.