Anybody own guns?

Krier023

Useful Poster
haha thats crazy. Canada must have some pretty strict gun laws. Take a look here. I could pick one up at my local walmart for 250.

Sgt Jax Mehoff

Useful Poster
haha thats crazy. Canada must have some pretty strict gun laws. Take a look here. I could pick one up at my local walmart for 250.
I can get a Remington Model 700 Tactical SPS .270 w/ mounted Nikon Scope 3-9 for $349.99 from my local Gander Mountain... I can get a .22LR for like $200.

PS3andCOD

Contributor
It's that specific gun that's expensive, thy aren't as popular here because we need a gun lisense for them still.

HippieMagic

In all fairness the government already KNOWS you have them because you have to register the gun when you purchase it. I haven't gone "gun crazy" yet but I have:

Glock 19 - Awesome all around gun. It is good for carry, good for the home, good for range time, and cheap to repair if you ever need to... It accepts 10, 15, 17, and 33 round magazines and you don't have to clean it at all if you don't want to. I suggest you do it every time you use it of course. My point is they are the AK47 of handguns.

Ruger 10/22 - You have to own one... great for plinking and small game. They are reliable but will fail if you shoot them too much if you use the cheapo 550 round boxes of ammo because it is super dirty.

Savage .17HMR - It is a little beast. I won it in a raffle and had never cared to own one before but after shooting it I had to laugh at just how much power such a tiny bullet has. Don't shoot small game with it lol. It is like the .50BMG to squirrels.

My next purchase is likely a Colt LE6920(civilian M4) or a 1911(brand unknown most likely Colt or Kimber if I go cheap or Wilson/Nighthawk if I go expensive). I may also grab my friends P226 as it is in good condition and his crazy ex put a protective order on him because he threatened to take her to court to see his son lol. He isn't allowed to have a gun for 90 days and may sell it for $350 which is a good deal on a lightly used Sig.

At some point I am considering saving up toward a Mac 10 or Uzi/Mini Uzi. This would be a relatively big deal though as it is a $3,000-7,800 purchase and strictly for fun as you can't really do anything productive with a submachine gun but it would be a blast to shoot haha. A Romanian AK-47 is likely on my list as well but it is toward the bottom as I would prefer an AR-15.

I was looking at the ACR but I have not been impressed with them yet and the price is still unrealistic for what it is. I have seen the gas system fail on the civilian models because bushmaster only included parts that would allow it to shoot low pressure .223 ammo. The fix involved getting parts off the military version and putting them in the gun so it could shoot 5.56. I am not too sure if Bushmaster is including them by default or not yet.

I am sure by now you can see that I am clearly not a "collector" so much as I am a recreational shooter. I buy what I find to be fun.

PS3andCOD

Contributor
lol I would love a smg for some fun, but they're ilegal here regardless of what you do. I went to shoot one in the states, but aparently you have to be 21 to rent and/or shoot one at a range... My Canadian gun license means nothing to them either. Anyone over 21 can walk in and rent one, but my license to buy guns doesn't make me qualified despite being younger than 21. My dad was with me too, they wouldn't let him rent it and me use it either.

odingalt

Staff member
They cant do that. As long as you have them register and license for them.

At any time, legislation could be passed that makes all guns illegal. When that happens, they will send Federal agents door-to-door, raiding homes and taking guns, all thanks to the gun registration list. It's happened in other countries. We never should have been required to register our weapons with the government to begin with.

Fredrow

Canada has crazy gun laws. I know if you wanted to go out hunting in Canada (being your already a Canadian citizen) you have to first go and get a special permit that basically tells the authorize how long you plan to hunt with the gun for on that day and were you plan to use the gun at. For being so close to America, Canada has really crazy gun laws and just different laws in General. In downtown Vancouver they have safe zones for junkies to shoot-up at they even supply them with clean needles, now that is some funny 'ish Canada.....

HippieMagic

lol I would love a smg for some fun, but they're ilegal here regardless of what you do. I went to shoot one in the states, but aparently you have to be 21 to rent and/or shoot one at a range... My Canadian gun license means nothing to them either. Anyone over 21 can walk in and rent one, but my license to buy guns doesn't make me qualified despite being younger than 21. My dad was with me too, they wouldn't let him rent it and me use it either.

WV is an amazing state to live in when it comes to gun laws. We can legally purchase full autos, suppressors, short barreled rifles, destructive devices... pretty much anything I want to purchase so long as I pay the proper taxes.

I don't see legislation ever having the balls to take firearms from American citizens. A huge number of American's believe firmly in keeping the constitution what it is and obeying it. There are a ton of people who still believe in their rights and freedoms and trying to take those freedoms away would end up causing an all out civil war. I think the government knows well enough to just leave some things alone. I could see it now... the government takes our guns, war starts breaking out, some other country starts sneaking us weapons and we are third world over night haha.

PS3andCOD

Contributor
Canada has crazy gun laws. I know if you wanted to go out hunting in Canada (being your already a Canadian citizen) you have to first go and get a special permit that basically tells the authorize how long you plan to hunt with the gun for on that day and were you plan to use the gun at. For being so close to America, Canada has really crazy gun laws and just different laws in General. In downtown Vancouver they have safe zones for junkies to shoot-up at they even supply them with clean needles, now that is some funny 'ish Canada.....

That's not true... If you have a gun license and a hunting license you can use long guns whenever you want, no extra paperwork required. In Ontario anyways, maybe Vancouver is different... You need something like that to use handguns though, and you can't hunt with them no matter what you do. However, in Canada elephant guns etc are not called "destructive devices" so we can buy .50 bmg, .700 nitro express or whatever no problem.

Fredrow

That's not true... If you have a gun license and a hunting license you can use long guns whenever you want, no extra paperwork required. In Ontario anyways, maybe Vancouver is different... You need something like that to use handguns though, and you can't hunt with them no matter what you do. However, in Canada elephant guns etc are not called "destructive devices" so we can buy .50 bmg, .700 nitro express or whatever no problem.

I'm pretty sure that's how the laws are in BC (what I described in the earlier post)......

ouchdog

i have a few guns... I am affiliated with a class 3. if you guys have any questions maybe i can help there is alot of miss information out there about machine guns and the like.