Assign .VKM to start and back buttons?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crimson

Is this possible to do, this will be very helpful as most online games don't require those buttons at all (specially fighting games, since you can't pause or do anything like that during a session). Those two buttons are very easily accessible and it would be nice if they were macro-able.

NYjetsNY1

Crimson said:
Is this possible to do, this will be very helpful as most online games don't require those buttons at all (specially fighting games, since you can't pause or do anything like that during a session). Those two buttons are very easily accessible and it would be nice if they were macro-able.

Not now, but I will go ahead and PM odingalt to see if he'd add this into a future update.

odingalt

Staff member
It's possible but I just want everybody to know that I am 100% done with software updates as soon as we finish beta testing the 0.8.7.x software and get the final bugs worked out. These macro controllers are selling slower than molasses and we just need to make money. Last month we only sold 60 of 'em. We can't afford to put any more money into the software. Though we were 4 months overdue bringing the macro loop and axis toggle which is rather shameful. :(

There is PLENTY of room for great improvements for the software, but we simply aren't selling enough controllers to make software improvements worth our while. We're already 10x ahead of the competition and it's just a dumb business decision to throw any more money at the software. Even if our software gets bigger/badder/awesomer we aren't going to attract any more customers, and I feel with 0.8.7.x beta I've finally met my committment on delivering all the features we've promised existing customers.

Now get out there and make some damn macros! :)

Crimson

That's a smart business decision, well i am glad with the viking controller as it is, like you said it's 10x ahead of the competition, and nearly anything imaginable can be achieved with some smart macros... i wish more people knew about it's awesomeness though, i am sure the sales will skyrocket if people really knew how capable it is.. I myself only found out about the viking by tediously searching youtube and google for "programmable xbox controller" after being seriously frustrated with street fighter 4 combos and the sucking xbox D pad that makes it nearly impossible to achieve anything...i think it just needs more exposure ... thanks for answering though ;)

odingalt

Staff member
Well the price isn't doing us any favors, either. There's just no easy way to mod a controller and control all the buttons and joysticks. It's a lot of labor to install one of these buggers and a lot of cost goes into the modchip. I'll get the formula down right some day!

a Spec Of fluff

@ odingalt
I see what your saying, but i think it would be a good idea if you were to allow the back button and start button to have macros assigned to them. Please make this your final update, espically since your recent update just added the back button and start button to the macro creating software.

By you saying your done, does that mean just you or your hole team, or is your team carrying over for the future software and firmware updates.

I personally think thier is more analog fixing to do, its still not as good as it should be. (Dont worry iam not asking for perfection but their are still very unaccurate when doing a full 360 (Not in COD but for FIFA type of 360).

Oh and one more important thing is, the New way of turboing Buttons (Lets use the Button "A" for example) doesnt work correctly or how i think it should, I know your probly think ,Its my product. Please just take this as postive critism.

I think too turbo "A" you should have to hold the "A" button (eg 2 secs) down and to stop it you just need to tap the "A" button again. Then this way you can can still use all buttons that are turboed as normal, without having to waste a Tac switch just for a toggle On/Off and then that tac switch is still available for something else.

Thanks for reading odingalt

Chris
aka a Spec Of Fluff

NYjetsNY1

a Spec Of fluff said:
@ odingalt
I see what your saying, but i think it would be a good idea if you were to allow the back button and start button to have macros assigned to them. Please make this your final update, espically since your recent update just added the back button and start button to the macro creating software.

By you saying your done, does that mean just you or your hole team, or is your team carrying over for the future software and firmware updates.

I personally think thier is more analog fixing to do, its still not as good as it should be. (Dont worry iam not asking for perfection but their are still very unaccurate when doing a full 360 (Not in COD but for FIFA type of 360).

Oh and one more important thing is, the New way of turboing Buttons (Lets use the Button "A" for example) doesnt work correctly or how i think it should, I know your probly think ,Its my product. Please just take this as postive critism.

I think too turbo "A" you should have to hold the "A" button (eg 2 secs) down and to stop it you just need to tap the "A" button again. Then this way you can can still use all buttons that are turboed as normal, without having to waste a Tac switch just for a toggle On/Off and then that tac switch is still available for something else.

Thanks for reading odingalt

Chris
aka a Spec Of Fluff

This is already out. It may not be exactly what you want, but this is the only possible way of putting turbo on a button.

Odingalt:
odingalt said:
You can get limited turbo functions by assigning them directly to the stock X,Y,B,A,bumper buttons. However, it will work a little differently than you might expect. Attached is an example macro that will Turbo your Button A for you, while being assigned directly to the stock button A. Here's how it works:

Assign this macro to your stock Button A.
Now, when you TAP your Button A, the macro will turbo button A for you (I think at 10 presses per second).
LED 4 will blink yellow for every button press the macro performs.
It will keep doing this forever, until:
When you are done with the turbo, tap Button A again. LED 4 will turn off and it will stop turbo'ing Button A.

Macro here: viewtopic.php?f=16&t=3118#p25407

a Spec Of fluff

@NYjetsNY1

I know thier is a macro already created i was just saying you should have to hold down the button you want to turbo instead of tapping "To me this makes better sense because that way you dont need to waste a Tac switch on a Toggle ON/OFF".

But if that is the only way you can do it then ok thanks for tellin me.

Chris aka a Spec Of Fluff

odingalt

Staff member
We have no more software budget. The latest update with macro loop options and x/y axis toggle will be the last.

NYjetsNY1

odingalt said:
We have no more software budget. The latest update with macro loop options and x/y axis toggle will be the last.

[We will continue to fix bugs however, just no more improvements]

odingalt

Staff member
NYjetsNY1 said:
odingalt said:

[We will continue to fix bugs however, just no more improvements]

Correct, I still have one more software version to put out and one more firmare version to put out to fix a few outstanding bugs that were reported. Waiting on the GUI from our windows software developer and then I can upload that and my firmware to the main website to make it official.

Status
Not open for further replies.