Asto A40

M1A1xVIKINGxFTW

ok so my turtle beaches finally broke(my fault) but i was planning on buying an A40 but would anyone recommend them(I.E paying 290 for a head set/mix amp)

Paul

viking360fan said:
spend that 290 on learning how to spell astro

You really shouldn't talk when you can't spell the word english.

@M1A!: Can't help you, never used any Astros before, but heard they were pretty good.

Xx Binno xX

From what I here astro's are better then turtle beaches but the hell with $290 i would pay $200 for the x41's and love them.

Ben

Paul said:
viking360fan said:
spend that 290 on learning how to spell astro

You really shouldn't talk when you can't spell the word english.

:L lolz

My mate has a pair of A40's and he love's them too bits! He says they are definitely worth the money.

KillerMackem

Buy the Turtle Beach HPX headset and the Astro Mixamp. The actual A40 headset doesn't perform as well as it should whereas the power really lies in the Mixamp. And the HPX is cheaper, too.

modded matt

I play atleast 40 hrs of gaming a week. I hear alot of people talk about this and how it helps them hear the footsteps and what not. I would take half that money (as I already have) and invest in a half decent digital surround system, 99% of games these days support dolby surround sound. I always hear the foot steps. once the system is set up right I can hear them walk from left to right.

using this option will save from having that big head set, and you can use it for movies also!!

Zodi0709

I have a pair of astro's for sale. Headset, MixAmp, and 12foot optic cable included. Send message for details. AIM: Zodi0709

v360Reflex

M1A1xVIKINGxFTW said:
ok so my turtle beaches finally broke(my fault) but i was planning on buying an A40 but would anyone recommend them(I.E paying 290 for a head set/mix amp)
LOL MAN :( TURTLE BEACHES ALL DAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! X31's

Th3_F4ll3n

I like the turtle beaches personally. I will say the sound quality deteriorates slightly and the original quality isn't as good as some other headsets. However, unless you are a MLGsup3rpR0 I dont think you need that much extra sound. x31 at $120 are perfect for me.