Auto shut down the controller during the program mode

jjyeung

When I run the controller in program mode, it will shut down at around 32s.
No matter when it is loading the rune pack to the controller, it still have this problem. Please help.

noonoo390

whats wrong with my controller

im having the same problem as every one else first when the controller turns on it flash all colors and wont connect to the xbox, second when i put in programing mode after 30 s it turns off. since im not the only one with these problems can u guys at viking post a faq or video or something just explaining why this is happening so people who just buy the controller with the same problem wont keep asking the same thing. i know that u guys test the controllers before u ship them but why do these problems occur if u already tested them .

noonoo390

also the 3 micro plugs were useless for me i had to use a ps4 to micro charger to connect the controller with the pc . is this the problem i dont know

bonefisher

Just to help with info! First thing that I found out is if your to far away from your xbox when programming with computer it loses sync which makes it shut off! I have two xbox one's and when I'm on the far one a room away that happens alot! Which that might be the case! The cables hook up for different devises once everything is going well should be able to use tablets to change programming on the fly! This case they might of sent the wrong one of three to you! Honest mistake I believe!

jerrod710

I had a similar issue with the lights flashing all colors. Turned out I had it plugged into the wrong port on controller. Make sure data cable is plugged into the port on bottom side of controller by battery compartment.

jerrod710

You might be too far away from the xbox. What I do is use a second cable, plug it into front port of controller (like where you'd hook the xbox console to the controller) and plug the USB end into the pc. Then no matter how far you are away from the console it won't shut down. This is what support told me to do while I was having a similar issue.

odingalt

Staff member
Hi gentlemen. Here are two ways to keep your controller powered on during programming:

1.) Get close to the console. It should stay sync'ed and powered on. Here's a better way:

2.) Hold down the left and right bumpers, and then plug a USB-to-micro-USB cable into the Microsoft USB port (the one on the top of the controller) and the other end into a Computer. You have to hold left and right bumpers while you do this because right then and there it will kick into programming mode. If you wait until after you plug into the Microsoft charging port it's too late. Now power up your controller and it should stay powered on whether or not it can sync to a console, since it's plugged into the computer, that's enough for the controller to keep itself powered on.

odingalt

Staff member
Combined nono's threads. Please if you can keep it to one thread per issue and all your posts related to that issue in one thread where we can review all the information together, and not hijack other threads, it will get you resolution to your problem a lot faster than spreading bits and pieces and snippets of info on your problem across multiple posts (And hijacking other threads in the process which also makes it difficult to troubleshoot issues that other customers might be having as now there are two conversations going on in one thread).

odingalt

Staff member
im having the same problem as every one else first when the controller turns on it flash all colors and wont connect to the xbox, second when i put in programing mode after 30 s it turns off. since im not the only one with these problems can u guys at viking post a faq or video or something just explaining why this is happening so people who just buy the controller with the same problem wont keep asking the same thing. i know that u guys test the controllers before u ship them but why do these problems occur if u already tested them .

Get close to your console, or, plug a second USB-to-micro-USB cable into the charge port on the controller and into your computer so that the controller will stay powered on during the whole programming process. When you do it this way, you'll have to hold left and right bumpers before you plug in the cable to the charge port on the top of the controller. If you plug in the cable first and then try the bumpers, it's too late, it won't go into programming mode.