Bad Battery?

iMikeyy

Am I the only person who seems to be having an awful time with their battery staying alive?

Ever since I bought it, when the controller used to work I would constantly have 2 or 1 bar of battery and the LED would be flashing. Now I can't even turn the controller on at all, even with fresh batteries. Am I doing something wrong, because I can't seem to be finding anyone else who is having this problem.

I'm not using the rechargeable battery pack because I've never been a fan..

Last edited:

iMikeyy

It will like flash once then turn off. As if the batteries are completely dead. But yeah let me do that and then get back to you real quick

NYjetsNY1

It will like flash once then turn off. As if the batteries are completely dead. But yeah let me do that and then get back to you real quick

If you haven't ever updated the firmware, it is entirely possible that you have an old version. The original firmwares were GARBAGE in battery life. They suck your batteries dry, even when the controller is off. So you want to update to the newest ones. You may need new batteries again, but once you update you should be OK.

iMikeyy

Yeah I don't ever recall updating firmware... I've uploaded macros and such but don't think I've done firmware.

iMikeyy

When did you purchase your controller?

Probably either the beginning of the year or last year. After BO came out I know that. I don't remember for sure.

It's been a while lol. I had sort of given up on it but now I want to use it again

iMikeyy

So I updated the firmware, and I put in brand new batteries. The controller at least turns on, but I only have 1 bar of battery when I open up the Xbox Guide screen. This was the problem I was having before :\

iMikeyy

i cant even update mine it wont connect to my xbox or comp

Did you make sure to open the firmware updating program before plugging the controller in and making sure the Viking program was closed?

I had to make sure of that then it worked for me. I had to plug it in a few times, try plugging it in like halfway then all the way or plugging it in all the way really fast. It will recognize it. Took me 2 or 3 tries.

iMikeyy

Something wrong with your USB ports? Try plugging the play and charge kit into the controller after pressing start to put it into programming mode.

Then plug the USB cable in.