Berserker Questions

Drastic

Hi everyone, first off i'll start by saying i did myself wrong by canceling my Xbox One Berserker pre-order a while back, now its $50 more :( ..

okay my question(s) is with the paddle switches installed, can i still individually press top part of left paddle to get top left tac? bottom press of left paddle to get bottom left press of tac vice versa. i'm sure this feature wasn't taken out (loved my macro controller!!) but when i use to have my macro controller x360, i can assign rapidfire to any tac switch, it looks like with the paddles you essentially only can assign it to just either left paddle or right. so isn't this a disadvantage over having the ability to put more on all the tac switches? please help lol im confused thanks guys! its been a while..
Also i saw that with the paddles, the stereo headset adapter will not work but the xbox one wired headset will... is this a fix with firmware for the Berserker? cuz i want to use my astro's and possibly choose paddles over tac switches :)

JIM WALKER

Slightly confused here, there are 4 tac switches, two below, two on top, you can assign whatever you want to any tac switch .... it seems you think there are 4 tac switches below ( like the macro) and the paddles are on a rocker ???? Re the paddles causing a problem with the chat adapter, yes, that was an issue early on, (which could be solved anyway), now though, the adapter will fit ok with the paddles, it was not a firmware issue, it was a physical fit issue, so no worries there now ...

Drastic

ok I understand now... Confused about the paddles tho... Will it or will it not fit with the stereo adapter.. I dont want to not be sure... I'm not trying to be rude just want a definitive answer.... Cuz chat is important lol..

JIM WALKER

ok I understand now... Confused about the paddles tho... Will it or will it not fit with the stereo adapter.. I dont want to not be sure... I'm not trying to be rude just want a definitive answer.... Cuz chat is important lol..

Yes, the stereo adapter will fit and work with the paddles on ....

bonefisher

Also on the paddles there fit for comfort to any hand size or length of fingers because you can tap on them any where on the paddle to activate......Since you can inhibit things with the new program like having a drop shot example: when holding RT first activates the drop shot or holding LT first then RT deactivates drop shot unless you release the LT....There was no need to add the other two tacs on the bottom this works awesome!

Drastic

Also on the paddles there fit for comfort to any hand size or length of fingers because you can tap on them any where on the paddle to activate......Since you can inhibit things with the new program like having a drop shot example: when holding RT first activates the drop shot or holding LT first then RT deactivates drop shot unless you release the LT....There was no need to add the other two tacs on the bottom this works awesome!
awesome this makes me want em I hope I have no connection problems with my stereo adapter... I hope I can get use to em!! Hit me up on Live Halo mc collection GTA 5 n cod! Gt= nDrastic

odingalt

Staff member
The adapter does not fit with the paddles on! Only with modification. Jim you had to hack your paddles to get it to work didn't you?

JIM WALKER

The adapter does not fit with the paddles on! Only with modification. Jim you had to hack your paddles to get it to work didn't you?

Correct, but it does fit, albeit with a little altering of the adapter, (which is very easy) and as drastic was concerned whether the adapter would work, my answer is still yes, it does work .....

modded matt

When answering a customers question, try to be clear and precise. (leaving out the "slight modification" issue is misleading)

The chat adapter will not fit with the paddles. There is a tut here how to modify the chat adapter to make it fit. simple to do with a razor knife. The original headset puck (not adapter) works fine.

JIM WALKER

When answering a customers question, try to be clear and precise. (leaving out the "slight modification" issue is misleading)

The chat adapter will not fit with the paddles. There is a tut here how to modify the chat adapter to make it fit. simple to do with a razor knife. The original headset puck (not adapter) works fine.

Sorry about that Matt, but did and said what I thought was right and proper, in fact, have just received my new berserker and the new chat adapter fitted straight on, didn't have to modify the paddles at all .....

Drastic

Odingalt, if i buy the Berserker without the paddles, in the future for a payment of course can i send it back in to get the paddles put on?

bonefisher

Buy with the paddles.... You can always take paddles off and use tac switches. There on either way !

odingalt

Staff member
It takes our tech like 3 hours to build a Berserker. Opening it to do work is very time consuming (time = money). Could be costly to have more work done later. The paddles are screwed in, would be careful removing/reinstalling it could wear out the plastic after awhile and the screws might stop taking. Sucks that there is no way to test out the feel of the paddles before you buy.

bonefisher

Once you use the paddles you wont take them off anyway........that is my theory. Plus you wont have time to talk it's pure action! LOL

JIM WALKER

I have posted this already on you other thread Drastic, suggest you go with paddles and if needed then use my fix, as bone say's, once you use them you will want to keep them .....

Go with the paddles, here is a copy of my post from a few months ago showing how to deal with your concerns.

I have worked on making the NEW chat adapter fit the berserker, I have drawn an image of what I did with a description ... hope its enough .... 20140318_093944 (500x375) (2).jpg

If you take care, the paddles still look perfect ..... take care when creating the concaved area on the adapter not to expose the innards (very gently does it !!!)

I used a Dremel stylus modelling tool with a small sander attachment, not difficult, but care MUST be taken to avoid removing too much material.

It now fits and works perfectly, paddles look untouched and original .....

This my solution to the issue, you may have your own, PM me if you need more info ....