Best Option for Maintain an Bersker.

Clarkkent434

So I have two Viking controller that was purchased two years ago. But as of right now I no longer use the them because of the thumb sticks are worn out. I do realize that they need a slight tune up but they work fine over all. So at this time I am interested in a few things.
1 Is to thumb sticks change my thumb sticks to new ones. I would say that every 6 months that I wear out my thumb sticks. I don't know if there is a easier way to change thumb sticks without desolder the wires. The only thing I could think of is Elite controller or Scuf Infinity 1 with it quick swap thumb sticks.
2. Is I would like to use the new blade since I only have the 2 buttons in the back. I know it might not be possible due to that my controller is a older mod chip.

So from here I don't know what are best options so I would like to hear some the community respond in what should help me keep my berskers going.

Clarkkent434

After watching modded matt video on the elite berserker. That looks like a nice option but I don't know if it the best option.

modded matt

We all ware out thumb sticks. Unfortunately Microsoft made them that way to keep selling you controllers. Let me clear up a few things:

1. the thumb sticks are the same thumb sticks on the elite controller, the scuff controller, viking controller and any other, normal controller, day one controller etc....I am speaking about the thumb sitcks themselves. (the part that is soldered tot he board, not the "cap" that your thumb actually touches. so no matter what controller you have, they will all be susceptible to drifting and fading issues. The Elite and Scuff are no exception. do not be fooled. I can put any cap on the.

Now.... if your not talking about drift, and referring to the plastic cap that your thumb touches, I replace them for $10 per set plus shipping for standard OEM and we can discuss custom options in PM. As I have been ripped off before, send me the controller and I make a video of it how I got it and how its working in game, then do my work. I have put new caps in for a kid and set it back and he stated his sticks were drifting. they were drifting when you sent it they will drift when you get it back.

In order to swap the stick mechanism due to drift, you have to desolder and resolder new ones in and I have a centering/offset chip/program that must be installed on the new stick to compensate. needless to say its alot of work....

2. the blade system is most likely not compatible with your older controller. Viking may do a credit for existing customers or send ins. there was talk of this, but I am unsure if they still offer that. Open a support ticket.

The elite berserker is a one off mod that quite frankly I am not sure I have it in me to make another. It will cost you about $500.00 and your old controller. The new chips are not compatible with the elite and It took 4 old chips to sucsessfully make the one I did. (those chips no longer exist so they have to come out of old berserkers