BIG TIME STICK DRIFT

JIM WALKER

Sadly both of my berserkers have developed massive drift on the left stick, which of course is no fault of Viking. Microsoft and their crappy controller builds are to blame, anyway, I have ordered two 3D modules, I am going to attempt to replace the faulty module, my warranty is expired and anyway, it doesn't cover this fault, as they will very soon be unusable then its worth the risk I suppose. Will post again when its done to let you all know if it works, or not ... lol

bonefisher

Good Luck! I hate them change outs.... messed up a couple of boards already while back. It was costly for me for the first few times....LOL! Now I just buy a new controller because I don't have time for that.... plus my big hands don't like the small stuff.

WHITE 4ND N3RDY

ModdingBros Representative
Dont do anything yet Jim. U need to go to acidmods and talk to modded matt. RDC has a thing made for anologe swaps. U can't just change anologs like the 360, it will basically brick your controller. U need a calibration tool which RDC has to fix this issue. Wish it was easier said then done but every anologe to every XB1 controller is specifically calibrated to the controller board. U cannot swap anologs without this specially made calibration tool.

Last edited:

JIM WALKER

Dont do anything yet Jim. U need to go to acidmods and talk to modded matt. RDC has a thing made for anologe swaps. U can't just change anologs like the 360, it will basically brick your controller. U need a calibration tool which RDC has to fix this issue. Wish it was easier said then done but every anologe to every XB1 controller is specifically calibrated to the controller board. U cannot swap anologs without this specially made calibration tool.

Yes I know, have been playing with matt for a couple of days, chatted to him about it, thing is, the berserker is useless atm, so I have nothing to lose really, if it pops, then so be it sadly :(

odingalt

Staff member
Calibration tool?

There was on for XBOX 360 floating around back in the day, but I could never get it to work. Hadn't heard about this one for XBOX One yet.

WHITE 4ND N3RDY

ModdingBros Representative
You would have to talk to matt or RDC about it. From what I heard its a pretty intense job that involves cutting traces and such. I would also imagine some sort of microchip is present that control's the adjustment. I could of heard wrong but I believe it also gives the ability to switch stances of RS to LS. But yea they k ow more about it I've just heard tid bits about it.

JIM WALKER

When matt and I were chatting, he mentioned a chip he had that could adjust the drift, he did not mention needing to calibrate the new 3D module after fitting it. I have checked all over the net for a reference to this, cannot find one, so assume the issue ( I hope ) is therefor non existent.

Freyja

Staff member
If/when you do open them up to switch out the LS, I would highly advise taking several pictures of the inside of the controller. We do have an old installation guide, but I'm not sure if it is correct. I know that both of yours have the older hard wired chips on them and there are A LOT of wires inside. Also, if you can resist the urge to just cut them and re-strip when you solder them back (de-solder them instead) you will have an easier time. Because of the amount of wires inside, there is not a lot of extra wire length to work with. I've got some more tips if you want them for the wired Berserkers. You may be able to take them off and reinstall on another board, but I've had very little luck with that.

JIM WALKER

Thank you Freyja, Taking pictures is a VERY good tip,I have all the necessary tools, and yes I intend to de solder rather than strip. I will update here when I have done it. Still waiting for the 3D modules to arrive. Looking forward to the challenge strangely, lol.

Drastic

Sounds like the perfect project for Jim. Lol good luck with a maze of wires, from my understanding quite the time consumer.